PDA

View Full Version : Sinar/Technika Adapter Board - Possible Damage

EdC
15-Mar-2018, 19:25
I just purchased a Sinar/Technika adapter lens board from a local photo retailer. For background, this is an original Sinar brand board. On opening the package and checking it out, I noticed that the steel strip that the sliding lock is attached to does not sit flat on the board. It angles away from the underlying lens board at a slight angle, likely around 15 degrees or so from dead flat. I tested the board with a Technika board I had lying about, and it seems to retain it well. Is this normal? I've tried searching for information on this, but have not been able to find anything that shows this. Do I have a defective or damaged board?

Thanks,

Ed

Oren Grad
15-Mar-2018, 19:44
I have one that could be described that way. It works fine, has never been a problem. If you can post a picture of yours, I can tell you whether it looks the same as mine.

ottluuk
16-Mar-2018, 01:25
For comparison, this is what the sliding lock looks like on a Linhof Kardan to Technika board adapter – the slider sits on an angled block. Works well.

Doremus Scudder
16-Mar-2018, 02:54
The angle helps to put rearward pressure on the smaller board. A good design I would think.

Doremus

EdC
16-Mar-2018, 13:54
I have one that could be described that way. It works fine, has never been a problem. If you can post a picture of yours, I can tell you whether it looks the same as mine.

Thanks for the offer, Oren! I took a few photos which I tried to include here. Even after logging in, etc., I am unable to upload a file. Not sure what the problem is, since the first image that I needed to upload was only 46kb or so.

At any rate, in response to your comment, what had me concerned was that the Arca-Swiss/Technika adapter board that I have does not have this sort of angle on the retaining bar. So, when this arrived yesterday, I look at this and go "NOW what??" It's been an interesting couple of weeks between garage door repair, foundation leaks, and so forth.

Anyhow I will try to find out what I'm doing wrong on trying to upload.

Thanks,

Ed

William Whitaker
16-Mar-2018, 19:46
It's a pre-load spring. It maintains pressure on the smaller board while allowing the slider to move. Perfectly normal.

Oren Grad
16-Mar-2018, 20:15
Here are the two ends of the sliding retainer mount on mine:

176065 176066