PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Within by David Ward

ADG
18-Aug-2005, 01:09
Anybody read this?
I have had it for 6 months an dip into it constantly after reading from cover to cover. It is a great insight into what we do, and also why we do it.
Great images, and all from LF
link to amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/190253834X/alargeformatphot).

Scott Kathe
18-Aug-2005, 07:13
I'll definitely give it a look! I would also like to recommend, "Letting Go of the Camera" by Brooks Jensen (the editor of Lenswork), it's very insightful. Brooks Jensen is also releasing another book now called "Single Exposure: Random Observations on Photography, Art and Creativity" can't wait to give it a read.

Michael Gordon
18-Aug-2005, 10:30
Yep, great book. Full of good wisdom, and very well written. I don't know that Ward says anything that hasn't been said before, but his delivery and philosophies are great.

"The true gestation period of a photograph is not the seconds, or fractions of seconds, of the exposure but rather the years the photographer has spent on a journey that is both physical and intellectual before reaching the point when the shutter was opened." David Ward

John C Murphy
18-Aug-2005, 12:29
Maybe I should get my copy back. I bought it on amazon.com, read it in one night, decided the guy was a flake and gave it away to my friend. I guess I missed something in the book...

Brian Vuillemenot
18-Aug-2005, 13:09
The book looks interesting, and I'm considering checking it out, but is this just all the same obvious cliches we've heard before, merely recycled in a different form? John's post would add credence to that assumption...

Ansel Adams
18-Aug-2005, 18:35
Fellas,

Whay are you reading this stuff.
All you need are my extremely well thought out and well written books.

Jensen, Ward, and even Simmons have nothing over me.

Warmest regards,

AA

paulr
19-Aug-2005, 11:01
Ansel, we love you, but could you please do us the courtesy of staying dead? People blab about you enough as it is. We all need to move on.