PDA

View Full Version : Exhibit Invitation

Kirk Gittings
16-Aug-2005, 20:35
If you are in the Albuquerque area, I would love to see you at the opening of my upcoming exhibit:

http://www.jimhunter.com/Kirk_Gittings/Invite

(I have never tried one of these image links before. I may not be doing right.)

Jeffrey Sipress
16-Aug-2005, 21:24
Congratulations, Kirk. A beautiful invite, too. I'll have a look at my travel calendar...

Oren Grad
16-Aug-2005, 21:33
Congratulations - wish I could be there to see it...

Steve Sherman
16-Aug-2005, 21:38
Congratulations Kirk, wish I could be there.

Is my signed book on the way?

Enjoy the opening

Regards, Steve

Kirk Gittings
16-Aug-2005, 21:48
Steve,

I promise! As soon as I get back to Albuquerque. I am still In Chicago teaching my class at the Art Institute and don't have access to that book here.

Eric Biggerstaff
16-Aug-2005, 21:56
Kirk,

Very nice and I wish I could be there to see it! I might be down Santa Fe way in November and if so will make the extra effort to scoot down to Albuquerque to see the exhibit. Congratulations and all the best.

John_4185
16-Aug-2005, 21:58
Kirk, I hear you are 100% digital in Chicago right now. True? Where are you living in the city? I was from Hyde Park and then the Lincoln/Fullerton area... long time ago, just before Mrs. O'Leary's cow thang. (too obscure?)

Kirk Gittings
16-Aug-2005, 23:20
John,

All the new work I am producing is scanned film and pigment ink prints because I am largely printing images for the show that I simply could not get what I wanted or solve a problem with a traditional print. I do really like the look of ink on a rag mat paper, but I haven't given up on traditional printing though. They each have their place. About a third of the show are silver prints pulled from the museums collection.

I am living in the loop right now at N. State and Randolf in the visiting artist condos of the Art Institute, but only for another week. I visited Mrs. Oleary's with my kids last week.

John Berry ( Roadkill )
17-Aug-2005, 00:42
Congrats on your show. I wish I could make it there.

Capocheny
17-Aug-2005, 17:31
Kirk,

Beautiful image on the invite... wish I could join you but, alas, I can't! :(

So, I'll just send my congratulations and best wishes for the exhibition. :)

Cheers

Kirk Gittings
18-Aug-2005, 07:04
Thank you all for the kind words!

Ansel Adams
18-Aug-2005, 18:40
Hey Simmons,

Trying to grup up another freebie?

Warmest Regards

AA