PDA

View Full Version : Filter For 14" Portrait Veritar

tgtaylor
28-Feb-2018, 14:22
I want to use a 3-stop ND filter on a Wollensak 14" Portrait Veritar lens. Eyeballing it, the front threads measure 100mm and the rear 87.3mm. Any ideas?

Thomas

LabRat
28-Feb-2018, 14:29
You should be able to find a filter that covers the front of the lens, and make a sleeve coupler using mattboard, film, etc that goes around barrel and filter holding it in place...

Steve K

tgtaylor
28-Feb-2018, 14:41
I have a Schneider glass filter that I can hold on the front of the lens by hand but I don't want to scratch the filter. I made a filter for my Compendium hood using a 3-stop ND Roscoe gel but it hangs awkwardly on the lens barrel. If I could find a 100mm to 95mm step-down ring I may be able to use my Cokin-Z holder...

Thomas

tgtaylor
28-Feb-2018, 15:15
While doing my warm-ups a possible solution came to me: With the 95mm adapter ring attached to the holder and the filter in place, the holder fits perfectly against the lens without touching the front element. It could even be taped there if necessary but more expediently simply held in place with one hand while the other trips the cable release. I wish that I would have thought of this before instead of waiting for overcast days.

Thomas