PDA

View Full Version : 11x14" sheet film

kentrush
26-Feb-2018, 02:24
Is there any 11x14" sheet film other than Ilford?

Tin Can
26-Feb-2018, 03:30
Yes!

I cut 14X17 X-Ray to 11X14.

Second choice is Ilford HP5.

Third choice is Kodak special order.

I have 6 different 11X14 film choices in hand if I count glass plate.

Oops, I forgot paper negatives...

When that runs out, I will make emulsions.

But before that I’ll buy expired film, plates or learn wet plate.

Michael E
26-Feb-2018, 05:33
Wephota

kentrush
26-Feb-2018, 06:54
Thanks and where does one get X-ray film?

kentrush
26-Feb-2018, 06:55
Thanks is it hard to get?

Louis Pacilla
26-Feb-2018, 07:07
This is a very active subject/topic so I suggest you spend a little your time searching here and maybe try Google. Read through some of the MANY threads that have hundreds of post on the subject and then ask question you may still have. I put search in ""Advance Search"- (Xray) Now you just need to read through a few threadshttp://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?searchid=7497075

Tin Can
26-Feb-2018, 07:20
Depends on where you live

Luis-F-S
26-Feb-2018, 08:52
The NY stores stock Ilford HP5. That's what I use, so it works for me. L

DrTang
26-Feb-2018, 09:13
I use HP5 instead of FP4 because it's like a dollar a sheet less or something

however... considering how many sheets I overexpose because I forget that it's two stops faster than everything else (including the digitals) that I shoot in studio... maybe that is not the place to cut costs

Michael Kadillak
26-Feb-2018, 10:04
I use HP5 instead of FP4 because it's like a dollar a sheet less or something

however... considering how many sheets I overexpose because I forget that it's two stops faster than everything else (including the digitals) that I shoot in studio... maybe that is not the place to cut costs

I got a good laugh out of that one. When it comes to 11x14 and the other ULF sizes lets face it, being overly cost conscience got tossed out with yesterdays garbage because we all knew it is an expensive gig when we went down this road. Like you said given the price of admission the best thing IMHO is to get the best film possible and triple check everything before you trip the shutter. Personally because FP4 is only slightly more expensive I shoot it along with my stash of Efke 25. I gave a box of 11x14 HP5 away less the two sheets it took me to ascertain we were just not going to get along very well (being very kind).

Thalmees
6-Mar-2018, 14:18
Is there any 11x14" sheet film other than Ilford?

Please check: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?137927-Shanghai-B-amp-W-film-Annual-LF-and-ULF-sheet-film-Campaign-2017

Louis Pacilla
6-Mar-2018, 14:53
Please check: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?137927-Shanghai-B-amp-W-film-Annual-LF-and-ULF-sheet-film-Campaign-2017

I'm not 100% sure but I remember Pierre saying he was not interested in doing this again. It wound up being a massive headache in the end and he may have had to use some of his own cash to get the film orders shipped out.

This is from pg 5 of the 2017 thread you linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Strasshofer View Post
Hi pierre506,
will you organize a Shanghai B&W film - LF and ULF sheet film campaign for 2018?
Daniel,
I quitted to organize the new campaign because I was tortured last time. Someone here even wanted to bargain me with the price, shipping cost, currency exchange...
It's not a business to me.
But PLEASE inform and pay me what sizes you need before January 10th.
Same prices as the last time.
I can report to your offer to the factory.
Regards,
Pierre

通过我的 MHA-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Tav Walraven
7-Mar-2018, 06:57
I'm not 100% sure but I remember Pierre saying he was not interested in doing this again. It wound up being a massive headache in the end and he may have had to use some of his own cash to get the film orders shipped out.

Hi pierre506,
will you organize a Shanghai B&W film - LF and ULF sheet film campaign for 2018?
Daniel,
I quitted to organize the new campaign because I was tortured last time. Someone here even wanted to bargain me with the price, shipping cost, currency exchange...
Regards,
Pierre

Daniel and I split an order for 100 sheets of 12x20 last month. Pierre was fantastic. He emailed promptly, gave me the Paypal price, and contacted me when the film would arrive. My 70 sheets arrived way ahead of schedule and time permitting, I'll be testing it soon. It is the Shanghai GP3 100. It is available in many sizes including 11x14. Upon testing, I will probably order 100 sheets 11x14. My end result for the film will be PtPd contacts. I know the minimum for the 12x20 was 100 sheets and will be contacting Pierre for info on the 11x14 minimum. As of last month, you can add Shanghai film to the list of ULF film suppliers.

Thalmees
8-Mar-2018, 03:09
Hi pierre506,
Daniel,
Regards,
Pierre
Thank you Louis for bringing that post.
I did not follow that thread till the end at that time.
Just today I came back to read the whole thread.
It was not clearly stated from the start that the thread was a campaign.
Only in post 21, was made clear that it was a campaign(after a long conversation with the factory), on a reply to the moderator.
Anyway, pierre506 should be appreciated and supported from our community here.
Shanghai factory also should be encouraged to continue the same prices or just a little lower to be really competitive, only if that is possible.
pierre506 should take a little compensation extra, not to leave the improperly started campaign thread for extra negotiations with non serious members.
Why you do not contact him directly?
Also, It could be no enough demand at the time of that thread on Shanghai films.
Hopefully, Arista Edue films are still price competitive in LF. Not aware of 11X14 Arista film!
I think(did not test it yet), when combined with a developer like HRX, Arista Edue films will be competitive in quality also.
Combining price and quality, is a real advantage and future continuity to the PHOTOGRAPHY craft.
But now Ilford 11X14" film is $209.95, from $199.95, and do not know to where this extra $10 will lead the price in the near future?.
It's possible the demand on ULF films is higher in 2018.
I wish pierre506 or anybody else will continue this marvelous job for the community and the continuity of film, specially from emerging manufactureres.
Thanks Louis.

Tav Walraven
9-Mar-2018, 21:29
Pierre got back with me and the price for Shanghai 11x14 is $66.95. He did not mention the quantity so I will assume 10 sheets, but that is a wild guess. I'll contact him tonight and find out the quantity per box.

angusparker
10-Mar-2018, 02:28
Also Adox CHS https://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/films/adox-chs-100-ii-279x356-cm-11x14-inch-25-sheets.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro