PDA

View Full Version : source for shipping box: Epson 4000 Printer

Robb Reed
15-Aug-2005, 16:52
Hello everyone ...

I purchased an Epson 4000 printer from a local Epson Dealer back in January 2005. The box in which the printer came was just slightly smaller than an aircraft carrier and wouldn't fit in my car. So I had them remove the printer and sit it in the trunk, where it fit well enough for me to drive it home. I left the box with the dealer, never thinking that I'd need it if I moved. Well, I'm moving and I need a box ... this box.

Called the dealer -- they aren't dealing anymore. Called Epson. They gave me the number for Parts and Service. Parts and Service said they do not carry boxes.

I swear I saw somewhere on the net that there was a source for boxes for this particular printer.

Any ideas would be appreciated, although I suspect I'm going to need to build my own.

Thanks,

Robb Reed
San Diego CA

Steven Barall
15-Aug-2005, 18:36
An interesting problem indeed. The only thing I can think of is to have a crate built. My artist friends have crates built for art works all the time. Good luck.

J.L. Kennedy
15-Aug-2005, 23:19
I can't help you but I can sympathize. My employees all think that I am a little nutty because I always save computer, printer, equipment, appliance, etc. boxes, thinking that if I ever need to ship the item it will come in handy to have the box. This doesn't always prove to be helpful but sometimes it is. On the one hand, I recently had to ship my laptop in for service and they insisted on mailing me a box even though I had the original box (and it was much better than the box they sent). On the other hand, I never fail to be surprised at how much more an item will sell for on eBay when it comes with the original box. A few years ago I sold an HP Laserjet 1000 that I was no longer using. They were going for $60-80, but I got $120 and I think it really was because it was in the original box. It's also a heck of a lot easier to pack!

Kirk Gittings
16-Aug-2005, 00:11
I recently temporarily moved my 4000 to Chicago from New Mexico while I taught a class there. I simply put the head lock in, some emply cartridges and wrapped the whole thing in multiple layers of bubble wrap. No probem at all.

Pat Kearns
16-Aug-2005, 10:03
U-Haul dealers usually have moving boxes for sale give them a call and see if they have one that would fit. Worth a phone call.