PDA

View Full Version : Conference on Black and White

steve simmons
15-Aug-2005, 07:32
Ilford is putting together a conference on the future of black and white photography to be held in Pasadena, CA March 3-5, 2006. I will post more details as I learn them.

steve simmons

ronald moravec
15-Aug-2005, 09:52
Looking foeward to hearing more.

John Cook
15-Aug-2005, 10:12
Having been awakened at 06:00:41 PST on 9 February 1971 by the San Fernando (Sylmar) earthquake, frightened senseless and chased permanently back to Massachusetts, I would also be interested in a conference on the future of Pasadena.

Nick Morris
15-Aug-2005, 11:33
Thank you. Look forward to hearing more.

CXC
15-Aug-2005, 13:53
By the time they are holding conferences, they usually think the subject is dead. But before pulling the plug they ask one last time, just in case there is an unforeseen way to squeeze out a little more profit.

Or maybe they are looking for a buyer.

I can't see how this would be good news. I would love to hear comments and speculations from those of you closer to the biz, especially SteveS, if it is not a conflict of interest or anything.

Oren Grad
15-Aug-2005, 14:04
The less cynical interpretation is that they've cast their lot with the B&W business, and so they're going to take their best shot at being creative in promoting it - we could even say they're trying to shake it up a bit.

We'll see...

steve simmons
15-Aug-2005, 17:42
I doubt they are looking for a buyer since this group just purchased the business from the main Ilford Co. in England. I also doubt they think the field is dead or they would not have purchased the business. I think they are casting their lot with the black and white film and paper market and are hoping to guage the interest and or perk it up a little.

steve simmons

Jim Ewins
16-Aug-2005, 23:12
Perhaps we'll have an early spring in SoCal. An excuse to go to Pasadena.