PDA

View Full Version : WTB: DeVere wall mount brackets

Jonathan_5775
14-Aug-2005, 17:02
I'm kind of desperately in need of a set of DV wall mount brackets for a 504 column - anyone have a line on a set??

thx.

Clayton Tume
14-Aug-2005, 18:31
any idea what the set looks like?

I bought a set but I think what I got was 2 top brackets and I can't see how they would work as bottom brackets.

Clayton

Jonathan_5775
14-Aug-2005, 22:56
Clayton... ahhh.. the man who motivated me to purchase an ultragon...!

Try this URL...

http://www.arcfoto.com/temp/bracket.jpg

The only problem is that I don't know if this is upper or lower. But if it matches the two you have - I suppose it starts to make a case for the possibility that they're ALL that way...! I could sort of see that working however....

Clayton Tume
15-Aug-2005, 03:19
Jonathan

that looks like the pair I have..........I have another set actually.........which came with my 5108 and are defintely top brackets.

I've got a 504 floorstanding (as is the 5108) which never came with the top bracket so I made it having never seen one. Then I got the 5108 which had the top bracket. My plan was to split the 5108 off it's base and wall mount so tracked down a mounting set which came as a double pair of top brackets. I've never been able to confirm if this is the correct setup as I can't see any obvious place the bracket would mount at the base.

As I haven't been in any great rush to wall mount the 5108 I haven't followed it up any further. I'll dig them out tomorrow and have another look at the base setup and let you know. Someone out there must have a DV on the wall and have some answers?

Clayton

PS.......did the ultragon work out?

Sven Schroder
15-Aug-2005, 04:00
Hi Jonthan

I have a DV copy stand thats a 504 column and is wall mounted. From you're link I can see its the same. You will need the pair they are both the same top and bottom, the centre portion fastens to the back of the column top and bottom and the moveable arms fasten to the wall and enable you to get it plumb. Be warned its a two man job but stable when finshed. Hope this helps, my copy stand was off ebay and had no instructions but it works and even takes my 10x8 .

Good luck with the DV

Sven

Jonathan_5775
16-Aug-2005, 02:30
Well, then... now that THAT is solved... why don't you sell me YOURS, Clayton???!! (wink)

To tell the truth - I haven't even come CLOSE to being able to be in a position to try out the ultragon... I hope within six months..! But I've got to get that enlarger up first..!! Say - weren't you the one to do a mod on your De Vere for some funky pano format? I think you USED to have it on your website - but I cannot find it now.

Jonathan

Clayton Tume
16-Aug-2005, 16:34
Jonathan

I'd like to help you out.......... trouble is it took me a couple of years searching to turn up those brackets. Now I know for sure that I do indeed have a full set + a half set I could let you have a half set which will give you a pattern to make another.

Have you got anything interesting to trade?

Yes I took the page down on the pano DV.........when I get time I have another pano DV to put together........this time a 8x20 version built out of two colour 8x10 heads.

Clayton

Jonathan_5775
16-Aug-2005, 22:18
I don't have much in the way of DV stuff. Do you need a gitzo head (poss. R2, R3 or MAYBE R4) but maybe that's a bit much. I'd have to think about it. Sinar shade brackets & rod? What are you into? I have a small quantity of Portriga Rapid that's about four years old - and possibly unfogged (small quantity = about 12 shts 8x10 and several 16x20).

Clayton Tume
17-Aug-2005, 02:49
I can always do with another heavy duty tripod head or some Sinar gear......send me an email.

Clayton