PDA

View Full Version : Dropped my APO Rodagon. Ouch, Help.

Joseph Santos
13-Aug-2005, 07:33
Hello,
Yes I made the worst darkroom mistake ever by having my APO Rodonar pop out of my lens board, bounce off the table and onto the floor. Bang, bang boop. My eyes popped out of my head and I hit the roof. When I eventually calmed down and managed to put it back on the enlarger and low and behold I noticed that the grain was not sharp anymore like it use to be. I made a test print to confirm that this lens was now toast. I guess it became misaligned from all the bouncing. My question is: is it worth having it fixed at a competent repair shop or just buying another one? Has anyone had any success with having one of their enlarging lens re-aligned?

Thanks,

Joseph

Bob Salomon
13-Aug-2005, 08:33
To properly repair a Rodenstock lens that has been misaligned we, the Rodenstock distributor for the USA, send the lens back to the factory to be sure it is done correctly.

Joseph Santos
13-Aug-2005, 08:43
Thanks Bob.

I live in Toronto, Canada. Who should I contact and where should I send the lens? Do you have any contact information you could give me.

Thanks,

joseph

Bob Salomon
13-Aug-2005, 09:43
Blazes photographics should be able to help you. They are in Toronto.

Joseph Santos
13-Aug-2005, 10:23
Thanks Bob, but I couldn't find Blazes Photographics (in Toronto) either in the Yellow Pages or Google. Do you have any other info on them? Thanks.

Joseph

Bob Salomon
13-Aug-2005, 10:48
http://www.kindermann.ca/

martin_4668
13-Aug-2005, 14:06
Or you could send directly to Rodenstock themself in germany - no truoble at all.
Find what you need at www.linos.com. There are no taxes on repairs, and you will have it back a lot faster.
Give me a call if you need more info

martin