PDA

View Full Version : tetenal ultrafin t-plus with Fuji across 100 pushed at 400 iso

Paolino
14-Feb-2018, 01:49
Hi, anybody has development time for Fuji across 100 pushed at 400 iso using tetenal ultrafin t-plus?

I cant find any info about it :confused:

thank you for any help!

Drew Wiley
14-Feb-2018, 10:48
Will you actually be "pushing" anything, or simply lopping off two or three stops of shadow value and raising the contrast of what's left over?

koraks
14-Feb-2018, 10:59
Will you actually be "pushing" anything, or simply lopping off two or three stops of shadow value and raising the contrast of what's left over?

Isn't that what pushing always amounts to anyway?

Drew Wiley
14-Feb-2018, 11:14
Black-out deep values can sometimes be compositionally rewarding. But why not try something more predictable first, like TMaxRD dev or HC-110. The MSDS of that Tetenal product shows some ingredients I'm allergic to.

Drew Wiley
14-Feb-2018, 11:15
TMaxRS dev.

Paolino
14-Feb-2018, 23:29
thank you all for the answers.
I normally use x-toll or d-76 and I wanted to use something else so I just 'randomly bought this tetenal. I end up cooking more d-76 and use it.
but I will make some trials with this tetenal soon.

Drew, I don't understand what you mean, I used Fuji acros 100 but I was 'forced' to develop for 400 iso as I metered f/5.6 (wide open) 1/8 of a second, available light, Iso 400. I have a little of black out values but not much (portrait with available right side window light, black hair model ... so the hair on the left its a bit black out, luckily I probably over exposed one stop.. maybe later I ll post the pic :).
thank you all again

Pere Casals
15-Feb-2018, 02:53
I don't understand what you mean, I used Fuji acros 100 but I was 'forced' to develop for 400 iso as I metered f/5.6 (wide open) 1/8 of a second, available light, Iso 400.

If you push the film you get more contrast but not much better shadow detail than if not pushing, the graphs explain it.

To recover some shadow detail a suitable developer is recommended, TMax developer in the Kodak product range, delivering also some additional grain, it recovers more shadow detail than Xtol, and Xtol recovers 1/3 stop aprox more than D-76.