PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 Calumet recessed lens board: desperately seeking

mindscrapper
3-Feb-2018, 11:13
Hi, I cannot find a recessed board that could be EXACTLY 100 by 100 mm to fit my Calumet CC400 and not 110 by 110 and eBay sellers call both sizes 4x4 ....
Could you please help me to find a manufacturer that may produce a lens board of my exact demand? Thanx in advance!

AJ Edmondson
3-Feb-2018, 13:30
As far as I know none of the other lens boards will fit the Calumet 400 Series. The only recessed board they (Calumet) made was about a 1.2" recess with the bottom of the recessed portion angled upward (toward the rear) so it could be "tipped" in. KEH usually has a pretty good selection. They are 4x4" with the board .125" thick and a .045" raised lip around the inner surface. I checked but there is no number of any kind on the board.
Joel

AJ Edmondson
3-Feb-2018, 13:52
I just did some searching and Quality Camera in Atlanta, GA has one for $49.95. Couldn't find another one anywhere. The old Graflex view camera lens boards were the same nominal dimensions and it seems to me they may have fit and are easily found. Just make sure to get the square cornered boards - other (rounded corner) boards don't fit.

Mark Sampson
3-Feb-2018, 17:36
For years on the job I used a Calumet CC-400. We had a 90/8 Schneider on a recessed board- but it was only about 1/2" deep and worked well. In the department's box o'stuff was a deeper recessed board, as mentioned above, but it was never used. I'm surprised that they are so hard to find now; those Calumets must be the most popular view cameras ever made and the accessories ought to be out there. Can't promise, but I'll look in my own box o'stuff and see if there's one there.

mindscrapper
4-Feb-2018, 09:56
For years on the job I used a Calumet CC-400. We had a 90/8 Schneider on a recessed board- but it was only about 1/2" deep and worked well. In the department's box o'stuff was a deeper recessed board, as mentioned above, but it was never used. I'm surprised that they are so hard to find now; those Calumets must be the most popular view cameras ever made and the accessories ought to be out there. Can't promise, but I'll look in my own box o'stuff and see if there's one there.

I will be happy if you’d find one,waiting for news !))

mindscrapper
4-Feb-2018, 13:32
Found and purchased a Graphlex view board of the needed size on eBay,waiting for shipment of the item...if it won’t fit,I will continue the research!