PDA

View Full Version : NYT has us cold except youth leads?

Tin Can
27-Jan-2018, 04:21
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/26/arts/foam-amsterdam-back-to-the-future.html

BrianShaw
27-Jan-2018, 04:50
Huh?

Michael E
27-Jan-2018, 05:57
That's funny, Sylvia Ballhause is one of my former students (well, of my academy. I'm not a teacher there). Many of our students work with LF. We have a Gandofi 8x10, and I just bought a 4x5" Shen Hao.

I guess I'm gonna go and see the exhibition when it comes to Berlin.

Pfsor
27-Jan-2018, 06:08
Huh?

+1

Tin Can
27-Jan-2018, 06:42
Write a better headline. My mistake.

The story is interesting and addresses our field of inquiry.

What does ‘Huh’ mean?

John Layton
28-Jan-2018, 06:59
...the first triptych reminds me of the "results" my photo students realized when we tried to re-create Niepce's process. Started during my lecture on his "rooftops" image when I noticed a student for using her cellphone. Just as I began to admonish her about this...she looked up at me and said "look at this...Bitumen of Judea...you can get it on Amazon!" So we scored a couple of bottles, along with some lavender oil...spread the bitumen onto some cleared film and attempted an image. Long story short...you really had to use some imagination to actually see that there might be something there. Probably should have been more faithful to Niepce by using a pewter plate instead of cleared film!

Jerry Bodine
28-Jan-2018, 10:49
...the first triptych reminds me of the "results" my photo students realized when we tried to re-create Niepce's process...

Or maybe a psychiatrist's ink-blotch test, but with colored inks.