PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Format Fiction

Miguel Coquis
18-Jan-2018, 13:05
For LF members that enjoy doing some small digital format.
Here is a couple of vues shots with computer assitance.
Hope you enjoy.
Pics done during a short journey in Thailand.
Any questions, please do !

Miguel Coquis
25-Jan-2018, 08:30
Day laborers, rice paddies at Ubud, Bali :rolleyes:

Willie
25-Jan-2018, 10:40
Have been to places where a multi thousand dollar digital camera was just fine but as soon as I went to get the $125.00 Calumet 4x5 I got "NO professional photos allowed" and had to leave.
Those who don't know reality make for interesting times.

Nothing wrong with small film/digital formats. At times the 8x10 just won't work no matter how much you want it to. The same as you don't get 8x10 quality from tiny negatives.

tuco
25-Jan-2018, 12:49
Have been to places where a multi thousand dollar digital camera was just fine but as soon as I went to get the $125.00 Calumet 4x5 I got "NO professional photos allowed" and had to leave.

Nothing wrong with small film/digital formats. At times the 8x10 just won't work no matter how much you want it to. The same as you don't get 8x10 quality from tiny negatives.

The camera discrimination among public workers and some institutions is nothing short of amazing. I feel anyone who earns a living off tax dollars and interfaces with the public should have mandatory camera training.

Miguel Coquis
26-Jan-2018, 13:52
Day laborers, rice paddies at Ubud, Bali

LabRat
26-Jan-2018, 14:04

New looking LF cameras with bellows and a cloth have a caption bubble with a $ sign above... ;-)

Steve K

Miguel Coquis
2-Feb-2018, 07:05
The camera discrimination among public workers and some institutions is nothing short of amazing. I feel anyone who earns a living off tax dollars and interfaces with the public should have mandatory camera training.

Could the purpose be more explicit, please ?
Another try, B&W
HK, visiting friends.

tuco
5-Feb-2018, 15:49
Could the purpose be more explicit, please ?
Another try, B&W
HK, visiting friends.

I hold up a big, bulky camera and take a picture of some train parts from a public street and I'm descended upon by people working for the public telling me I can't. I take a picture of a docked Ferry with a camera that looks bigger than a phone camera and I'm descended upon once again asking for photo ID, name and purpose. In each of these situations, no doubt, each public employee wouldn't have bothered if it was a phone or tiny point and shoot camera I was holding. Somehow, the size of the camera, not the IQ, puts these clueless people into authority mode and they forget whom they work for.

alanbutler57
7-Feb-2018, 12:50
I haven't done digital fiction in quiet a while, so here's some oldies, more photoshop than photographs:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8341/8174065714_2d94cd3dd0_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8338/8174065476_abbe90baa5_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8225/8537681746_33c654f27c_b.jpg

BradS
7-Feb-2018, 15:28
I hold up a big, bulky camera and take a picture of some train parts from a public street and I'm descended upon by people working for the public telling me I can't...

This happens to you in Seattle?

tuco
7-Feb-2018, 17:39

Yes. Both occurrences. The number of pictures that are taken on and of a a public Ferry here from tourists is countless. But yet stand there with a tripod and a camera that looks different than everyone else and all of sudden your rights don't matter anymore. You are guilty until proven innocent. That's the mentality of a lot of things in this part of the country.

Two23
7-Feb-2018, 17:56

Just another reason I'll never live on the West Coast.

Kent in SD

BradS
7-Feb-2018, 18:08

Kent in SD
Eh, I think you’re painting with a pretty broad brush there.
I’ve not experienced anything like this kind of stupidity anywhere in California.
Not even in Irvine.

Drew Wiley
7-Feb-2018, 19:59
Yeah. The West Coast is pretty darn big, including nearly unpopulated areas as big as some States.

Drew Wiley
7-Feb-2018, 20:03
I did get stopped by a Ranger a couple of years ago when he saw my big Ries tripod set up near the Golden Gate. He asked me if sheet film was still made, cause it inspired him to dust off his old 4X5 !

tuco
8-Feb-2018, 11:42
Kent in SD

At the end of the month on a Sunday morning, you will see more State Police in 10 minutes collecting taxes than you will see in 6 months driving on the freeway.

Molli
8-Feb-2018, 21:00

Another try, B&W
HK, visiting friends.

This is gorgeous. What a nicely made, smiley memory!

Miguel Coquis
9-Feb-2018, 10:17
This is gorgeous. What a nicely made, smiley memory!

Glad you enjoy it !
Got more and more to show on this series.
Here is one done with large format 13x18cm Ilford/Delta film.
Here is to say that fictions are careful work to do, small or large format.

Miguel Coquis
2-Mar-2018, 12:50
...same path, imagination plus seeing digital !!!
Lens greed as well.
Enjoy it