PDA

View Full Version : Symposium in Toronto

bob carnie
18-Jan-2018, 10:23
Hi Folks

I want to make sure all the good people here are aware of a Photrio Symposium that we are running. www.photrioevents.com I know that this event
will cover a lot of topics that are of interest to people here.

Bob

faberryman
18-Jan-2018, 10:31
Looking forward to more information on your Gum Bichromate workshop.

bob carnie
18-Jan-2018, 10:36
Pretty much a one day event... duo tone is probably the key for this, For all our workshops we are keying in on a single day format.
The second Symposium being planned for West Coast would be more involved.

Bob

Mark Sampson
18-Jan-2018, 12:50
Remember that the Greek word "symposium" translates as "drinking party". Have fun!

bob carnie
18-Jan-2018, 12:59
There will certainly be a bit of that and good food, three gallery openings in a row will take care of that in the evenings in different parts of the city.

hendrik faure
19-Jan-2018, 09:33
unfortunately wrong site of the globe, else I would come
much success & fun
Hendrik!

bob carnie
19-Jan-2018, 11:08
unfortunately wrong site of the globe, else I would come
much success & fun
Hendrik!

Planning one for the South of France 2019 - your side of the globe.
thank you for your best wishes

Bob

fuegocito
20-Jan-2018, 10:11
Nice, I'll try to time my visit to TO with this, Party in Toronto!

bob carnie
20-Jan-2018, 10:15
Nice, I'll try to time my visit to TO with this, Party in Toronto!

The Contact Photo Festival is in full swing at this time - so many shows too little time.

Len Middleton
21-Jan-2018, 07:49
Bob,

Will look to keep the date open, as I find your workshops very informative and a lot of fun.

Will watch for it on Carissa's weekly e-mail.

All the best,

Len

bob carnie
21-Jan-2018, 08:37
Thanks Len- you have always been a great supporter of anything we do.

cowanw
22-Jan-2018, 13:16
Planning one for the South of France 2019 - your side of the globe.
thank you for your best wishes

Bob

Perhaps with a visit to Chalon-sur-Saône but not on a Tuesday. I was in Chalon on a Tuesday and devastated that the Nicéphore Niépce Museum would not allow me in, no matter how much I debased myself begging.

bob carnie
22-Jan-2018, 13:23
You didn't say pretty please Bill

cowanw
22-Jan-2018, 17:26
Avec cerise, s'il vous plait

Bipin
24-Jan-2018, 10:50
Glad to see something like this happening around here! I can say that a bunch of us from University of Western Ontario are planning on attending Contact, as well as this symposium. Over the years, I've tried to garner more interest in film and alternative printing processes with fellow students. We've got a pretty good contingent of medium and large format shooters among the art students now :)

bob carnie
24-Jan-2018, 11:30
Glad to see something like this happening around here! I can say that a bunch of us from University of Western Ontario are planning on attending Contact, as well as this symposium. Over the years, I've tried to garner more interest in film and alternative printing processes with fellow students. We've got a pretty good contingent of medium and large format shooters among the art students now :)

London is my hometown, we are asking Fanshawe Photo program to put a lecture on during the weekend.. We are giving early bird discounts for students and larger groups , carissa@alternativephotoservices you can contact her directly about this.. We are about to list 90% of our speakers, new workshops and mini workshops all aimed at education in photography.

Bob

Bipin
24-Jan-2018, 18:35
London is my hometown, we are asking Fanshawe Photo program to put a lecture on during the weekend.. We are giving early bird discounts for students and larger groups , carissa@alternativephotoservices you can contact her directly about this.. We are about to list 90% of our speakers, new workshops and mini workshops all aimed at education in photography.

Bob

Ah, wonderful! I take it you know Jim Kost then, and I'm sure you're familiar with Bealart? I worked as their darkroom technician a few years ago before my undergrad at UWO. They are really embracing alternative processes, tying in photography with other studios like printmaking, as well as shooting 8x10. A lot of those students produce fantastic work that stands on its own against that of many "professional" artists and university/college students. I'll pass this along to them...

bob carnie
25-Jan-2018, 07:39
Ah, wonderful! I take it you know Jim Kost then, and I'm sure you're familiar with Bealart? I worked as their darkroom technician a few years ago before my undergrad at UWO. They are really embracing alternative processes, tying in photography with other studios like printmaking, as well as shooting 8x10. A lot of those students produce fantastic work that stands on its own against that of many "professional" artists and university/college students. I'll pass this along to them...

I have not been back to London often, I gave a lecture at Fanshawe a couple of years back in associations with University and College symposium, other than that maybe one other time in 40 years, I graduated in 1976.

I would really be interested in groups in the London area that are actively working on making steller photographic prints.

bob carnie
25-Jan-2018, 09:23
Ticket Sales are Live - Early Bird rates also available.

www.photrioevents.com

bob carnie
14-Feb-2018, 08:00
Here is a small promo video for The Symposium and also a Connect Weekend this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKvhRoTrDhQ&feature=youtu.be

I hope you all can share with your friends.

John Kasaian
15-Feb-2018, 06:18
What a fantastic resource you're promoting.
Congratulations and it sounds like it should be a great success.

bob carnie
9-Apr-2018, 07:50
Hello All

Here is the link to the opening show of the Symposium. I am pleased to say there are photographers from this forum in the show, it is going to be quite a opening party for our symposium.

http://lonsdalegallery.com/upcoming-exhibitions-2/red-light-contact-feature-exhibition/

bob carnie
3-May-2018, 08:39
We are 7 days from the opening Launch Party that features work from all over the world and some people from here as well...https://conta.cc/2FBEqLc

Len Middleton
11-May-2018, 05:07
It was reception night at Lonsdale Gallery last night with a chance to catch up on old friends (Bob & Laura), including some I never met (Anthony), making new friends (Stephen, Horst, Lillian), and seeing some work by others in our community (Ray).

With over 300 images including silver, gum, Pt/Pd, cyanotypes, wet plate collodion, and combination of techniques, there was not a lack of images and techniques to keep one busy looking at them all. Will need to make another trip back to get a more detailed look.

bob carnie
11-May-2018, 05:29
It was nice to see you Len, we will have a lot of social media content to put out over the next little while, it was rather overwhelming to say the least , I need to go back and look again as well.

Ray Van Nes
11-May-2018, 07:22
I was sad to miss it but Marion had an important event here that could not be rescheduled. We are heading your way tomorrow and plan to see the show on Sunday. Hope to drop in at your place on Monday to say hi.
Cheers
Ray

bob carnie
11-May-2018, 07:59
I was sad to miss it but Marion had an important event here that could not be rescheduled. We are heading your way tomorrow and plan to see the show on Sunday. Hope to drop in at your place on Monday to say hi.
Cheers
Ray

I was looking for you last night Ray, you have some nice pieces in the show young man, I was taken aside by one of the buildings, really well done print and image.

Ray Van Nes
11-May-2018, 16:13
You are making me blush. Thank you.
Cheers