PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock XPort screw and threading where to buy

1erCru
13-Jan-2018, 10:22
I tripped over my sync chord and the threading and screw flew off my 150 S. It must not have been on too tight as it didn't break anything on the lens. I found one screw. The other screw and threading flew off and possibly down an air conditioner vent as I can't find it.

Does anyone know of a place that sells this part? I couldn't find anything on eBay but may have been using the wrong key words. The port still works as I took the same piece off my Schneider and the flash pops.

Bob Salomon
13-Jan-2018, 10:46
Camera repair shop.

1erCru
13-Jan-2018, 11:07
Yeah. I called two in the D.C. Area and they had no idea what I was talking about.

rorye
13-Jan-2018, 11:12
I got that very part from https://www.criscam.com/

Bob Salomon
13-Jan-2018, 12:01
Yeah. I called two in the D.C. Area and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Probably because you are not describing it very well.
You need a synch post screw for a Copal 0 Shutter.

1erCru
13-Jan-2018, 14:49
Well I found the sync post but the screws are still MIA. Does anyone know the size of the screws that would fit the threading on this lens?

Pfsor
13-Jan-2018, 15:19
Well I found the sync post but the screws are still MIA. Does anyone know the size of the screws that would fit the threading on this lens?

?? What am I missing? Didn't you say you found one of the screws? Are they both different in their size? Why not just measure the found screw or the thread they screw into?

1erCru
13-Jan-2018, 16:57
I'm just trying to get the make and model of a screw before the vultures land.

Bob Salomon
13-Jan-2018, 18:32
I'm just trying to get the make and model of a screw before the vultures land.

Make and model are meaningless. Call a camera repair shop and just order what I told you to earlier. This is not rocket science and there is no need to make it so.

What you should be worrying about is why the post came loose. This is extremely unusual. So did you perhaps strip the threads on the screw hole in the shutter?