PDA

View Full Version : video on Sydney wet plate photographer

Michael W
20-Dec-2017, 18:02
I thought this was pretty well done - a gimmick free look at how a Sydney photographer does location wet plate, using a small caravan as a darkroom. From The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/video/2017/dec/20/the-black-art-wet-plate-collodion-photography-video

Mick Fagan
20-Dec-2017, 22:55
Pretty neat report, which, as you say, is gimmick free.

I can relate to cooking in a caravan, 12V fans are the best thing.

Mick.

Randy
21-Dec-2017, 16:58
That was nice - thanks for sharing.

hoffy
22-Dec-2017, 03:24
Nice clean plates. Nice video!

Thanks

Tin Can
22-Dec-2017, 06:23
Yes very well done video and demo.

I need a smaller trailer!

Andrew Plume
22-Dec-2017, 07:10
agreed, very decent video and thx for posting

it proves that you don't need expensive equipment to take the image, i.e. Sinar F1, f4.5 Ross Xpres and what looks like a Chamonix plate holder

Andrew

Michael Cienfuegos
27-Dec-2017, 09:04
Yes very well done video and demo.

I need a smaller trailer!

Are you going to get into wet plate?

m

Tin Can
27-Dec-2017, 13:27
I am going to try it in the Spring. Most likely buy a Bostich and Sullivan kit for 4X5. I'll look around for a local expert. I have not heard of one yet.

I worry about fumes. I worry about the pour, as my arthritis is coming right along. No hand shake yet...

Are you going to get into wet plate?

m

Michael Cienfuegos
1-Jan-2018, 11:16
I am going to try it in the Spring. Most likely buy a Bostich and Sullivan kit for 4X5. I'll look around for a local expert. I have not heard of one yet.

I worry about fumes. I worry about the pour, as my arthritis is coming right along. No hand shake yet...

I know a fellow in San Diego who is very heavy into wet plate. Right now he is in Arizona in his converted school bus/mobile darkroom having a ball making plates. Photopalacebus on instagram. The only thing keeping me from it right now is money. Too busy spending it on other stuff.

Have a Happy New Year, where ever you are.

m