PDA

View Full Version : SP445 Development Tank Wobbly Lid

IanBarber
17-Dec-2017, 10:46
I have noticed that the lid on my SP445 development tank appears more wobbly than I thought it should be. When I press the lid down, there is still a small gap between the lid and body.

I have resorted to attaching some tape between the lid and the body to be on the safe side.

Just curious if other people are experiencing wobbly lids.

Ian

Steve Williams_812
17-Dec-2017, 10:51
I have noticed that the lid on my SP445 development tank appears more wobbly than I thought it should be. When I press the lid down, there is still a small gap between the lid and body.

I have resorted to attaching some tape between the lid and the body to be on the safe side.

Just curious if other people are experiencing wobbly lids.

Ian

Just received mine last week. Before purchase I had viewed a review on YouTube and the person used strong rubber bands to keep the lid in place and not leak. I assumed liquid and not light. Other things I read pointed toward less than perfect sealing yet still reliable performance. One of those little, annoying things that can wreck things for me. Hopefully not. Plan to test mine tomorrow.

IanBarber
17-Dec-2017, 11:32
Just received mine last week. Before purchase I had viewed a review on YouTube and the person used strong rubber bands to keep the lid in place and not leak. I assumed liquid and not light. Other things I read pointed toward less than perfect sealing yet still reliable performance. One of those little, annoying things that can wreck things for me. Hopefully not. Plan to test mine tomorrow.

Im sure you will like the tank, it's very nice to use. I have never had any leaks (light or liquid) but the wobbly lid does niggle me

Alan9940
17-Dec-2017, 13:34
Ian,

Mine is from the original Kickstarter campaign and, though the lid does have a very small gap between it and the body when fully pressed down, I've never noticed an wiggling of the lid. Don't tape, rubber band, etc, the lid and I've never had it come off or even loose.

IanBarber
17-Dec-2017, 14:00
Ian,

Mine is from the original Kickstarter campaign and, though the lid does have a very small gap between it and the body when fully pressed down, I've never noticed an wiggling of the lid. Don't tape, rubber band, etc, the lid and I've never had it come off or even loose.

At least now I know mine is not faulty. I have never experienced any leaking issues, I was just concerned that there was a small gap when the lid was pressed down. On a side note though, this is the best development tank I have used. Since buying it, the Mod54 has never been out of it's box.

esearing
17-Dec-2017, 16:00
you should have a rubber O-ring running around the lid. If it is missing then your lid will be loose. I also have to wet the o-ring the first time I use the tank after it sits for a week or two.
After you fill the tank, a slight squeeze on the sides before tightening the lids will create a small vacuum and reduce if not eliminate leakage.

IanBarber
17-Dec-2017, 16:02
you should have a rubber O-ring running around the lid. If it is missing then your lid will be loose. I also have to wet the o-ring the first time I use the tank after it sits for a week or two.
After you fill the tank, a slight squeeze on the sides before tightening the lids will create a small vacuum and reduce if not eliminate leakage.

Good tip about wetting the O ring. I will try this next time as I can go days without using the tank