PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here taken the Katherine Gillis "Fearless Retouching" course?

Steve Goldstein
10-Dec-2017, 08:43
I'm curious about your opinions on Katherine's "Become a Fearless Retoucher" course. She's currently a special through 24 December, but it's still a lot of money.

Tin Can
10-Dec-2017, 10:37
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?135885-Announcing-Course-to-quot-Become-a-Fearless-Traditional-Retoucher-amp-Spotter-quot

I wanted her course, but gave up. Ms. Gillis has great skills to pass on. I have her books. My theory is somebody has been giving her very bad advice. Seems like she wanted a real-time classroom. Big mistake. They were trying very hard to protect her IP. Good, but difficult as we all know. She sent confusing emails. Price something too high and market dwindles.

I feel bad for her.

I have a Masters in Adult Online Education, which I studied online...15 years ago...

docw
10-Dec-2017, 11:10
I tried to figure this one out but I could never get a price. A few days ago, I got a $100 coupon for the course but since I don't know how much it costs in the first place, that was of little use. I would love to take such a course but there always seems to be roadblocks set up and whoever is managing this is not very forthcoming.

Steve Goldstein
11-Dec-2017, 13:39
From my look at the website it appears the course is $450, or $350 with the current discount.

Tin Can
11-Dec-2017, 15:14
Ok, I found her website. https://www.ofcourseware.xyz/

Looked around. The pricing is coy. By that I mean not immediately shown, then I found it, but no mention of $100 off.

However, Ms. Gillis states the price will go up every time the course is reopened. Something like that. Now I can't find that statement. It's there. Buy today!

This online course, once purchased is 'Lifetime' with a one-time payment. Or over 6 months or evidently free to a VIP...not clear.

Here is the Blog page where they identify their mistakes and restarts. https://www.ofcourseware.xyz/blog

I cannot take the course nor could I benefit from it. My hands are shot. My signature is now a straight line with a slight bend.

I may seem harsh. I am.

I wish them both luck. Meaning the principal and the CEO partner.

Jac@stafford.net
11-Dec-2017, 15:23
My hands are shot. My signature is now a straight line with a slight bend.

Welcome. Decades of using our hands as tools, thousands of miles of riding ergonomic-killing bicycles and motor cycles, including damages from inevitable crashes, and shop accidents (an amputated thumb). I have two functioning digits of the left hand and all of the right hand are diminishing.

And should we mention the onset of cataracts?

Hang in there, brother.

Tin Can
11-Dec-2017, 15:54
Welcome. Decades of using our hands as tools, thousands of miles of riding ergonomic-killing bicycles and motor cycles, including damages from inevitable crashes, and shop accidents (an amputated thumb). I have two functioning digits of the left hand and all of the right hand are diminishing.

And should we mention the onset of cataracts?

Hang in there, brother.

I was cleaning something with my glasses off to see close up better, then changed rooms still cleaning the tiny bit. Then I needed my glasses and I could not find them, as usual, as I can't see them. I usually use feel to find them. Then it dawned on me they were still in the other room. 15 more minutes lost...LOL

tgtaylor
11-Dec-2017, 18:16
Quit bitch'in and take the course.

Thomas

Tin Can
11-Dec-2017, 18:24
No sir

faberryman
12-Dec-2017, 09:06
Gee, I just use my spotting dyes and a brush. You get better at it through practice.

John Layton
12-Dec-2017, 09:56
While I'd already been retouching for some time...my true initiation into "fearless" retouching came with a bit of encouragement from Robert Steinberg - about thirty years ago...so an approximation of dialogue: JL (poised above a hard-earned, one of a kind LF negative...with a razor knife): "Are you kidding me, you want me to do what?" RS: "Just cut the scratch - gently - right down the middle...if you get it right - it will disappear - trust me!" JL: "What happens if I miss?" RS: "Don't miss!"