PDA

View Full Version : Centerfilter Confusion 150 xl

jens peter
2-Aug-2005, 14:59
In Schneiders own data sheets different centerfilters appears to be recommended for the 150XL ?
In the PDF Data Sheet for the lens: "Centerfilter IVb". In the PDF Brocure "Large format lenses": "Centerfilter IVa". In the PDF Brocure "Super Symmar XL Aspheric": "Centerfilter IVa". Ref: http://www.schneideroptics.com/photography/large_format_lenses/super-symmar_xl/

Is it a typo? Does the difference IVa versus IVb matter? - Any opinions from users of CF for this lens...

Eric Leppanen
2-Aug-2005, 15:50
JP,

I'm looking right now at the Schneider CF I've been successfully using for the past year on my SS150XL. It says "Center - Filter IVa".

B&H lists the IVa for use on the SS150XL and and 90mm SA-XL 5.6.; and the IVb for the 72mm SA-XL 5.6.

Robert White is in agreement with B&H, except that they also parenthetically list the IVa for the 72mm SA-XL 5.6. I presume that the IVa will work on this lens in a pinch, but perhaps not as well as the IVb. I have no idea what the differences are between the two CF's.

If you want to be completely sure of what is going on, I suggest contacting Schneider directly.