PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 bellows selection

Eric Woodbury
5-Dec-2017, 13:16
I'm designing an 8x10 and have gotten to the point where I need a bellows.

I like the bellows on my Chamonix and 8x10 versions of these are readily available. I notice, too, on ebay, that 8x10 replacement Deardorff bellows are available for a slightly lesser price from Hong Kong. Do any of you fine camera users have experience with either or both? Right now I'm leaning towards the known Chamonix.

Thanks.
LF rules
--ejw--

Mark Sawyer
5-Dec-2017, 13:39
There's a thread about the Hong Kong supplier that makes his bellows sound pretty hit-and-miss. Worth reading all the way through... http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?70338-Bellows-from-ecbuyonline2008

Michael Kadillak
5-Dec-2017, 15:16
I'm designing an 8x10 and have gotten to the point where I need a bellows.

I like the bellows on my Chamonix and 8x10 versions of these are readily available. I notice, too, on ebay, that 8x10 replacement Deardorff bellows are available for a slightly lesser price from Hong Kong. Do any of you fine camera users have experience with either or both? Right now I'm leaning towards the known Chamonix.

Thanks.
LF rules
--ejw--

Trust your instincts as it will never let you down. The older you get the more valued this intuitive characteristic becomes.

Eric Woodbury
5-Dec-2017, 16:16
Michael, you're so diplomatic.

(Not sure my instincts are worth spit.)

As always, thanks so much. Happy snapping.

--ejw--

Luis-F-S
5-Dec-2017, 18:59
Eric, there's also Custom Bellows in the UK, I've not found his prices to be out of line.

Luis

Michael Kadillak
6-Dec-2017, 09:06
Sent you a PM.

barnacle
6-Dec-2017, 14:49
Do you have a current website for Custom Bellows? I've used their product in the past, and been happy, but the website found through search engines leads to an ISP holding page.

Sandeha Lynch appears to have an active website, though.

Neil

Michael Kadillak
6-Dec-2017, 15:36
Try

www.nabell.com

Keith Pitman
6-Dec-2017, 17:31
Do you have a current website for Custom Bellows? I've used their product in the past, and been happy, but the website found through search engines leads to an ISP holding page.

Sandeha Lynch appears to have an active website, though.

Neil

I don’t think Custom Bellows has a website. I had an email conversation with Keith there last December. The email address was custombellows@hotmail.com. Give it a try.

Luis-F-S
6-Dec-2017, 19:04
Email Keith Lowe at: info@custombellows.co.uk He's done 3 bellows for me and they've been perfect! He may not respond to Email right away, but he does answer. I'd try both this and the hotmail Email above. L

barnacle
7-Dec-2017, 13:06
Thanks guys; not an urgent requirement. But if the custombellows.co.uk site is on a holding page, the email there will likely be down.

Neil

asf
7-Dec-2017, 15:34
They have a website, it's just down now for some reason
They were unaware of the problems until recently and should sort it out soon

They're in business and very busy

Top bellows maker in the world

calibre61
15-Dec-2017, 14:06
Email info@custombellows.co.uk
Apologies we have had problems with our web page should be up and running now

calibre61
15-Dec-2017, 14:08
Email. info@custombellows.co.uk
We've had problems with web page should be ok now

Jim Andrada
20-Dec-2017, 12:48
Sandeha Lynch did a bellows for my 8 x 10 "Un-improved" Seneca and it's quite nice.

Michael Kadillak
23-Dec-2017, 18:24
Sandeha Lynch did a bellows for my 8 x 10 "Un-improved" Seneca and it's quite nice.

Use your camera at least once a week on various photographic endevours for a year and report back.

Merry Christmas!