PDA

View Full Version : Mount APO-Ronar 480mm on lens board

LarsAC
27-Nov-2017, 16:53
Hello,

A cheap 480mm APO ronar found its way to me. How can I mount this onto a lens board? It has no shutter but a thread at the rear element. Are there mounting plates for enlargers I could use ? Maybe glue one of those onto a board with a proper hole?

Suggestions welcome,
Lars

Leigh
27-Nov-2017, 17:13
A cheap 480mm APO ronar found its way to me.
Are there mounting plates for enlargers I could use ?
That's going to be quite a challenge on an enlarger.

At infinity focus you need a bellows extension probably close to the lens' focal length.
At 1:1 you need a bellows extension twice that long, almost 3 feet of bellows.

- Leigh

Dan Fromm
27-Nov-2017, 17:16
It is threaded M90x1. You want a retaining ring or flange, depending on the board. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?sts=ma&ci=565&cp=15293%2b565&Ntt=flange& I don't know how much skgrimes would charge for one.

LarsAC
27-Nov-2017, 17:20
Yes, want to mount it on a camera. Thanks for giving the thread size, this is a good starting point.

Lars

Vaughn
27-Nov-2017, 17:49
Stick it thru a board and hold it on with a large hose clamp?

Jim Andrada
28-Nov-2017, 00:31
I've bought a few mounting flanges from Grimes. They were around $65 as I recall.

Joerg Krusche
28-Nov-2017, 01:40
Hello,

A cheap 480mm APO ronar found its way to me. How can I mount this onto a lens board? It has no shutter but a thread at the rear element. Are there mounting plates for enlargers I could use ? Maybe glue one of those onto a board with a proper hole?

Suggestions welcome,
Lars

Hello,

there are two threads 72x1mm and 90x1mm for the Apo Ronar CL .. if you cannot find the suitable flange feel free to contact me by mail.

best,

joerg

LarsAC
28-Nov-2017, 04:37
Thanks for the suggestions. Meanwhile found out that there is a thin (1-2mm) ring screwed on the front which also fits on the back. Is that suitable to hold the lens in place in a lens board? The lens is quite heavy ...

The above mentioned flange from B+H looks far more stable, but I am based in Europe.

Lars