PDA

View Full Version : Michelangelo's Moses

Vickie Smith
29-Jul-2005, 22:51
I have a large picture of Michelangelo's Moses. It is the picture of the tomb of Pope Julius II. It is black and white and has the name Alinari stamped on it. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how I could find out how old it may be. The fence in my photograph is different from the one you see now if you pull the image up on internet, located at St. Peter in Chains Church, Rome.

Thanks

John Kasaian
29-Jul-2005, 23:18
Fratelli Alinari started in Florence in 1852. Try www.alinari.com Lots of info on google---just do a search (I did!)

John Kasaian
29-Jul-2005, 23:24
---Its actually a very cool site! A fine collection of vintage Italian Architectural photographs!

Vickie Smith
29-Jul-2005, 23:32
John,
I tried that web site but it wanted me to pay for a password before I could view the pictures. I must have not been doing something right if you were able to get in and see them all.

John Kasaian
30-Jul-2005, 09:00
I got in through the "photographies" tab on the top part of the homepage. I didn't find Moses there, but there were a lot of really interesting photographs. You might try e-mailing them for info about your picture since it is an archive.

Cheers!