PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian LF gathering

Ole Tjugen
28-Jul-2005, 13:48
Around the beginning of October (or end of September) this year a few (or many?) of us LF Norwegians will gather in the fairly remote community of Stryn, Nordfjord. The location is chosen parly for it's location halfway between everything, and that it has some of the most spectacular landscapes in Norway. An example is this (http://www.bruraholo.no/images/Lodalen_GF.jpg) picture from last September.

We hope to bring sufficient machinery and chemicals to develop B&W in any size from 6.5x9cm to 30x40cm (that's 16x12" in English), but probably not colour this time around.

There will be cameras. There will be lenses. I will bring all of mine, and I have lost count... Most of mine are from between 1870 and 1970, so I hope someone will bring something modern too.

Accomodation is plentiful, there are more guest beds than inhabitants there. As soon as we have an idea of how many to expect, we will select the most appropriate place and make the necessary arrangements.

Getting there is slightly more complicated, but we can help. If not, we can at least advise...

Anyone is welcome; contact me for more information as and when available!

Oh by the way: It's not a workshop, but a "gathering". So participation is free.

Ole Tjugen
28-Jul-2005, 13:57
Typing too quicly today...

The date has been set already: September (22nd-) 23rd to 25th.

Sorry.

John Berry ( Roadkill )
28-Jul-2005, 21:43
Don't tell Mark

CP Goerz
29-Jul-2005, 02:42
Ahh too bad, I'll miss it by less than three weeks!

CP Goerz

Tedd
29-Jul-2005, 03:24
VA ROLIGT! Sounds great, I am game from the 22nd!
I will be coming with my Wisner 12x20 and lots of film.

I am open to suggestions for how to best get there...
I am in Stockholm Sweden and my studio is right next to Bromma airport.
I am considering driving if there is anyone whom want to split the gas cost.
So if there is anyone whom would like to arrive in Stockholm before to maybe shot in the Stockholm
area and archipelago drop me a line. Lars Åke Vinberg are you interested?

Tedd

Jan Van Hove
29-Jul-2005, 03:47
I might actually pack my 11x14 and go up there! :)
(and buy a box or two of slide 4x5 for the color...)

That would be nice...

PJ

Juergen Cullmann
29-Jul-2005, 05:03
Hello Tedd,

I am living in Germany. I am interested in driving with you from Stockholm to Norway.
I am living near airport Frankfurt/Hahn, I have the possibility to fly with RyanAir to Stockholm. I could be there at 20th of september.

Cheers
Jürgen

Eirik Berger
29-Jul-2005, 05:42
Shit... My girlfriend is pregnant and is expecting birth the 26th of september. She would kill me if I went there.

Tedd
29-Jul-2005, 05:53
Come on Eirik! Bring her along. I am sure there are hospitals in the area...
If anything you will have plenty whom can document the occasion.
A portrait of the new baby at 1:1 on a 12x20?

Eirik Berger
29-Jul-2005, 13:45
Yeah, I tried that one but she gave me a look that told me not to joke about that. A 12x20" portrait would have been neat though...
I havent forgot your invitation Tedd, I will let you know next time I am around. Maybe I have finished my 16x20-camera by then.

Lars Åke Vinberg
29-Jul-2005, 15:27
Hmm, I was just thinking that it would be nice to take a roadtrip in Norway late September or early October. Funny how things seem to fall into place lately.

Ted Harris
29-Jul-2005, 20:02
Hmmmmmm, I had been planning a trip to Klagenfurt, Austria about the same time. It was to recover some old ground. I might see if I can change my plans.

Ole Tjugen
30-Jul-2005, 00:56
Just a little update:

There is lots of information about the area on www.nordfjord.no/ (http://www.nordfjord.no/) in Norwegian, English and German. The gathering will be in Loen, a part of Stryn kommune. We are considering a few different alternative accomodations to keep us all fairly close together regardless of what standard (and price) of accomodation each of us wants.

Further updates will follow.

Tedd
30-Jul-2005, 01:03
Sounds great!
Ole are there any good detailed maps over the area?
Do you know the best way of getting there from Stockholm?
Apprex. how many kilometers and how many hours of driving might it be?

AND

How many of us that might be coming shoot 12x20?

Ole Tjugen
30-Jul-2005, 01:57
There are excellent paper maps (I'll bring a few), but in the meantime the best map is here: ngis2.statkart.no/ng2/ng2.html (http://ngis2.statkart.no/ng2/ng2.html). You will have to first click on "Stedsnavn", then enter "Loen" in the "Søk etter stedsnavn" field. Select the second entry from the top, and it zooms right in. The button labeled "Vis større kart" expands the map. The rest shouldn't need translation...

From Stockholm it's about 950km drive, if you can manage an average speed of 60 km/hr that's 16 hours. At least the roads are good along that route, I'll be driving the 350km from Bergen where 60 km/hr is really pushing it!

I'll have to suggest that you use one of the many route planners on the web - like www.uk.map24.com/ (http://www.uk.map24.com/).

So far there are two 12x20" users (I won't call it "shooters") who have expressed an interest. I hope to be using 12x16" myself, and I must say I'm really looking forward to meeting other ULF'ers (and other LF'ers as well, of course)!

Tedd
2-Aug-2005, 13:14
I have found these tickets:

Ticket price for 1 adult á 2.294,00 SEK per person.
Inkluderade skatter och avgifter: 564,00 SEK

Utresa 2005-09-22
Avg. Ank. Flight Från Till
09:30 10:55 AY0683 Arlanda(Stockholm) Bergen
Total restid: 1h 25min

Hemresa 2005-09-26
Avg. Ank. Flight Från Till
11:35 12:55 AY0684 Bergen Arlanda(Stockholm)
Total restid: 1h 20min

Is there anyone else getting into Bergen around the same time that might want to split a rental car?

AND Whom else that is going will be shooting 12x20? I have a very important question for you regarding film!

Ole Tjugen
10-Aug-2005, 01:08
Time to "bump" this one up a bit for those who (like me) hit the "New Responses" button first of all.

I'll be going up there next week to have another look around and speak to the locals. I already know there is lots to photograph, so I aim to take a few pictures to have something to show in advance.

Oh yes - I'd better speed up my web page plans. I'll post as much information as I can on a web page - soon...

Ole Tjugen
12-Aug-2005, 06:32
Just a quick update: The information page is now up, lots of additional information to go in later:

www.bruraholo.no/treff2005.html (http://www.bruraholo.no/treff2005.html)