PDA

View Full Version : Berrger Pancro 400 - Experiences and thoughts?

MaximumFu
9-Sep-2017, 05:59
As I start out in LF, I am looking for a film (8x10). I mainly shoot Tri-X in medium and small format, but understand that TXP is a different emulsion. Of course, I have been looking at things like FP-4 and HP5+, but really like the look of some of the images I see online of Berrger Pancro 400. Understanding that they are, in fact, online and may have been substantially manipulated, they seem to be contrasty without being too contrasty, show nice tonal gradations in both the highlights and the shadows, etc. (personal observation - YMMV).

Thoughts on this film from people who have used it?

paulbarden
9-Sep-2017, 09:11
As I start out in LF, I am looking for a film (8x10). I mainly shoot Tri-X in medium and small format, but understand that TXP is a different emulsion. Of course, I have been looking at things like FP-4 and HP5+, but really like the look of some of the images I see online of Berrger Pancro 400. Understanding that they are, in fact, online and may have been substantially manipulated, they seem to be contrasty without being too contrasty, show nice tonal gradations in both the highlights and the shadows, etc. (personal observation - YMMV).

Thoughts on this film from people who have used it?

I won't repeat what I've already said about Pancro 400 - I've issued several statements in review of it and posted images to go along with the comments. I suggest you use the search feature to find "Pancro 400" threads we've already started :-)