PDA

View Full Version : Jobo 3063 tank. How best to use it for processing 240 x 300 (91/2 x 12") film please?

Roger Hesketh
5-Sep-2017, 19:29
I have a newly acquired Jobo Expert 3063 tank that I would like to use to develop 240 x 300 mm sheet film.

It was bought secondhand and I have no instructions for it's use.

Now in other posts I have have seen mention of people using clips to secure sheet film in these tanks.
What type of clips are these please? Are they necessary? If so how does one use them? Where might I buy them?

I see Catlabs sell clips. Are they the ones I need please?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to give me.

Roger

Lachlan 717
6-Sep-2017, 00:48
There are internal ribs that you slot the paper/film into.

Curvature keeps the film in place.

Roger Hesketh
6-Sep-2017, 20:17
There are internal ribs that you slot the paper/film into.

Curvature keeps the film in place.

Thank you

My tank has vertical ridges which run lengthways down into the tank and which run all the way round the internal circumference of the the tank. Lachlan are you saying that I should tuck the leading edge of the sheet of film against one of those ridges and it will stay in place? That I do not need anything else. If so that would be great. Thank you

Lachlan 717
6-Sep-2017, 20:31
You'll need to try it for your specific paper/film sizing.

I use both 2xxx and the 3063 tanks for 7x17" where the 7" fits. There is also an option to use 8" (e.g.. 8x10, 8x20" film)

You need to tuck both sides in against a rib for it to be held in place.

Roger Hesketh
7-Sep-2017, 19:23
Thank you. It would appear the tank is designed to allow four pieces of 9 1/2 x 12 inch paper to be processed at any one time. Not quite sure how to fit them in yet. I think I will practise with some thin card cut to size to work how they might fit. At least now I know I not need anything else.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query.

Roger