PDA

View Full Version : information about steinheil lens

tjuliuxue
5-Sep-2017, 04:59
I got this big lens in Netherlands for a good price, without the flange ring. the lens is probably RR design, I can not find further information about it?

on the lens body, it says" steinheil in munchen No. 143XX, patent" and gruppen reproduction

anyone has more information? thanks

Steven Tribe
5-Sep-2017, 05:11
Steinheil invented the Aplanat at the same time as Dallmeyer made the RR!

This is a much later patent and I'll have to look it up in Lens Vade Mecum - something like antiplanet gruppen!

Later:

This is a tough one, as Steinheil engraved crucial information on the flange.

Lens VM describes several types of Group Antiplanet which it could be and there was a "reproduction" aplanat it also could be. If you could describe the number of lens you can see, it might help!

The adjustment feature on the barrel probably alters the distance between two lenses at the rear. It is nothing to do with pictorial/soft control.

much later: this what a Steinheil flange looks like - the measurement is the diameter of the iris at maximum!

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?141245-FS-Steinheil-Antiplanet

tjuliuxue
5-Sep-2017, 06:33
Steinheil invented the Aplanat at the same time as Dallmeyer made the RR!

This is a much later patent and I'll have to look it up in Lens Vade Mecum - something like antiplanet gruppen!

Later:

This is a tough one, as Steinheil engraved crucial information on the flange.

Lens VM describes several types of Group Antiplanet which it could be and there was a "reproduction" aplanat it also could be. If you could describe the number of lens you can see, it might help!
The adjustment feature on the barrel probably alters the distance between two lenses at the rear. It is nothing to do with pictorial/soft control.

thanks
there are two groups of lenses, and they are very similar size and shape. I don't know how many glasses in each group