PDA

View Full Version : Published supplement of diagrams of many lenses wanted.

Greg
24-Aug-2017, 16:53
Many years ago Modern or Popular Photography published a multipage supplement with cross sections of hundreds of lenses. Alas, over the years I have misplaced my original pages. Does anyone out there have a copy of those pages or possibly it is somewhere out there published on the WEB?
thanks

Jim Jones
24-Aug-2017, 20:06
I use A Lens Collector's Vade Mecum http://www.antiquecameras.net/lensvademecum.html

Dan Fromm
25-Aug-2017, 05:18
Buy a book. Cox' Photographic Optics.

Oh, and by the way, OP, what do you expect to learn from a collection of tiny format lenses' cross-sections that will be useful?

Greg
25-Aug-2017, 06:08
Buy a book. Cox' Photographic Optics.

Oh, and by the way, OP, what do you expect to learn from a collection of tiny format lenses' cross-sections that will be useful?

If I remember correctly, the supplement included lenses from tiny thru large format optics.

neil poulsen
25-Aug-2017, 11:51
History of the Photographic Lens by Kingslake is excellent. He was manager of a Kodak lens department during the 50's while they were producing Kodak Ektar Commercial and Wide Field lenses. His book goes all the way back to the 1800's in photographic lens design and production.

Leigh
25-Aug-2017, 12:20
If I remember correctly, the supplement included lenses from tiny thru large format optics.
The "tiny" in "collection of tiny format lenses' cross-sections" was to the size of the illustrations.

- Leigh