PDA

View Full Version : What to use Syncro Compur #00 for?

morecfm
17-Aug-2017, 15:16
Greetings. I took a chance at a shutter and it turns out to be a Syncro Compur #00 shutter rather than the #0 I thought. It looks great and all speeds work without hanging up. Are there any barrel lenses or other lenses that I could mount into this shutter without costing me too much? I've not been able to find out too much except for maybe some 65mm Super Angulons. I do have a 6x7 roll film back if I can find something that doesn't cover 4x5 but I'd prefer 4x5 coverage. Any hints hints on (easily) determining which lenses would fit into this shutter as my internet searches haven't given me very much.

consummate_fritterer
17-Aug-2017, 15:23
A nice working #00 Compur has value for those with malfunctioning examples and need replacements. I'd just sell it and buy the #0 you need. If you really want a lens in a #00 shutter then buy one complete with a good shutter.:)

LabRat
17-Aug-2017, 15:46
Useful for other applications like pinhole, etc... Many 60's 35mm imported junk cameras have this thread, but their single element groups often can be used as a soft focus/specialty lens (with a longer useful FL that can cover smaller LF formats), so try to get some junk cameras!!!

Steve K

morecfm
17-Aug-2017, 16:59
A nice working #00 Compur has value for those with malfunctioning examples and need replacements. I'd just sell it and buy the #0 you need.

That was my other thought.