PDA

View Full Version : line across the negative scanned

Cupcake
11-Jul-2017, 18:38
Hi,i need to know if this is a common problem with all flat bed scanning or its just my scanner does this and way it dose it.
It does not do to all my images only sometimes and it did to last 5 images i scanned . If you look close on the bench at lower left you see the line going all the way up.
I appreciate your help and input !
Hers the sample image .167154

Jim Noel
11-Jul-2017, 18:53
You have a small speck of dirt on your sensor, or the glass which precedes the actual scanning area.

koraks
11-Jul-2017, 23:15
That's odd; a speck of dirt in de calibration area usually shows up as a light line when scanning a negative. Still, it's worth the shot to clean the platen paying particular attention to the shirt edge closest to where the carriage rests, as that is usually the calibration area.

Cupcake
12-Jul-2017, 11:43
Thanks guys,i fixed it,hers the new scan and processed in LR.167187

devb
14-Jul-2017, 12:28
That's odd; a speck of dirt in de calibration area usually shows up as a light line when scanning a negative. Still, it's worth the shot to clean the platen paying particular attention to the shirt edge closest to where the carriage rests, as that is usually the calibration area.

It always shows up as a dark line for me on my V700 when viewed as inverted (positive).

Cupcake
20-Jul-2017, 02:56
What i did is i clean the glasses both side and the also the bulb ,just be careful and be gentle not to damage it , afte cleaning it i scanned and there is no black line anymore,you have to make sure the scanner stays clean by covering it,also there are tutorials in YouTube for your V700.