PDA

View Full Version : Crown Royal bags & large format photography

John Kasaian
27-Jun-2017, 12:44
I needed new ditty bag for my loupe---Crown Royal to the rescue!
A place to store coiled shutter release cables---Crown Royal to the rescue!
Need a little extra cushioning than a zip lock baggie can give?---Crown Royal to the rescue!

I've become a major fan of Crown Royal bags for my photo gear---but sadly I can't quite keep up with my own demand for Crown Royal bags and bidding for 'em on eBay, dagnabbit, well that is just plain wrong to my way of thinking.

Having a friends who are bartenders is a good thing:cool:

BrianShaw
27-Jun-2017, 13:37
Having friends who will drink Crown Royal with you isn't bad either!

jim10219
12-Jul-2017, 17:27
They are a photography standard! I also use them for 35mm lens protectors in my padded camera bag. They won't do much for dents, but keep the dirt and scratches away.

Crown and Coke has been my drink for years, and I collected them this whole time without knowing why. Now that I'm into photography, it's given my drinking purpose! The only drawback is other people seeing a bag full of CR bags and thinking I'm a hardcore alcoholic. But that collection took years to assemble. Well, that and the ropes get caught up and freyed in Velcro.

Drew Bedo
13-Jul-2017, 04:55
Ummm...I enjoy the ocaisional sip or two , but not often enough to generate any CR bags.

So my source has been e-bay.

Robert Bowring
13-Jul-2017, 06:33
Crown Royal and COKE? That my friend is abusing alcohol. The only thing it should be mixed with is an ice cube. All kidding aside, I have used the bags for lenses and cameras and my fishing reels. They are the best.

BrianShaw
13-Jul-2017, 06:59
Crown Royal and COKE? That my friend is abusing alcohol. The only thing it should be mixed with is an ice cube. All kidding aside, I have used the bags for lenses and cameras and my fishing reels. They are the best.

I was afraid to say something like that... mostly because I drink other whiskey. But JD and Coke...

DrTang
13-Jul-2017, 08:26
I bought a lot of 25 of them on ebay a while ago

best purchase ever

Two23
13-Jul-2017, 11:34
I don't drink alcohol, but have somehow acquired two green CR bags. I keep my two favorite Petzvals in them. The bags are amazingly well made.

Kent in SD

Peter Gomena
14-Jul-2017, 09:18
My dad used them for his fishing reels, and I use them for my LF lenses. Kept my second Hasselblad back in one in that kit. They always remind me of flannel sleeping bag liners.

Naeroscatu
14-Jul-2017, 09:40
Ha, I didn't know what you are talking about so I had to Google. If that is the case and the demand is so high CR may actually be better off selling empty bags instead of liquor:D

Rich14
14-Jul-2017, 11:34
Why aren't I ever informed about these things!

Wow. I have lived a sheltered life. Very deprived! Great idea.

OK, Ebay. Just scored a lot of 25, 1 liter bags. Yum

BrianShaw
14-Jul-2017, 12:07
That's cheating.

Rich14
14-Jul-2017, 12:29
How 'bout if I promish t' down 25 bottles 'f the good shtuff 'fore the bags get here?

(Workin' on it. For medishinul purposes only . . .)

:-)

Peter Gomena
15-Jul-2017, 23:24
I don't care much for Crown myself, but my mother likes it. :) I just like the bags.

Drew Bedo
16-Jul-2017, 05:37
I piut things into the bags and pack them into my camera bag when shooting in the field.

When packing it all up to relocate; if there is an empty bag it means I still have to find something to stow.

Developed this work-flow after irretrievably leaving something expensive in the tall grass.

When at home, the identical bags often avoids the discussion of wether or not an item is 'another piece of expensive junk!"

Steve Goldstein
16-Jul-2017, 08:30
When at home, the identical bags often avoids the discussion of wether or not an item is 'another piece of expensive junk!"

;)

Jim Andrada
16-Jul-2017, 15:01
No "whether": whatever about it in the eyes of my wife.

John Kasaian
16-Jul-2017, 15:22
Makes Crown Royal bags pretty fancy-pants, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfNg-iWHpY

consummate_fritterer
22-Jul-2017, 12:04
I love Crown Royal but it's too pricey for me. I keep my lenses in ziplock bags with desiccant packets.

William Whitaker
22-Jul-2017, 18:36
For years the de facto standard for saxophone mouthpieces...