PDA

View Full Version : Wet plate vs Large format

luciddreamevil
24-Jun-2017, 14:57
Hello what is the diference between those and does http://www.ebay.it/itm/182631549002 is good for portrat fotos

Изпратено от моят SM-G800F с помощта на Tapatalk

Drew Bedo
24-Jun-2017, 16:43
Well .. ..what I know is that the term "large Format" is currently takern to mean that the sensitive medium is at 34x5 inches or larger with
"Ultra-Large Format" meaning anything larger than 8x10 inches.

The term "Wet Plate" refers to aphotographic process where a substrate is coated with collodion and sensitized, then exposed in a camera while the plate is still moist and iommediatly processed into a negative.

A "Wet Plate" can be any size. In the past, many were somewhat smaller than 4x5 inche, quatrter plates for examples, Today most are at least 4x5 with larger formats being more common. This is because most wet plate photographers will contact print their images.

I welcome any additions or corrections.

cheers

luciddreamevil
25-Jun-2017, 00:18
Well .. ..what I know is that the term "large Format" is currently takern to mean that the sensitive medium is at 34x5 inches or larger with

The term "Wet Plate" refers to aphotographic process where a substrate is coated with collodion and sensitized, then exposed in a camera while the plate is still moist and iommediatly processed into a negative.

A "Wet Plate" can be any size. In the past, many were somewhat smaller than 4x5 inche, quatrter plates for examples, Today most are at least 4x5 with larger formats being more common. This is because most wet plate photographers will contact print their images.

cheers
Thanks for the profesional answer,I also did some research and get almost same answer.Just learning still and feel unconfort asking noon questions.Can the holder use dry plate foto sheet also with the wet plate.I want to use sheets 4x5 that people sell on enay for around 2$ and flush them on the streets with portable dark room.

cheers

Изпратено от моят SM-G800F с помощта на Tapatalk