View Full Version : hose that can be connected to tub faucet

26-Sep-1999, 00:46
I use bathroom as a darkroom in my apartment. And, I am looking for hose that can be connected to the tub faucet. The tub faucet in my bathroom is regular size, openning is about 1 1/2 in. Actually, I bought one made of rubber last week, but It slips off too often becu se of water pressure even though it's not very strong. If anyone know good product, please let me know. Thanks, ANAUSAGI

Doremus Scudder
26-Sep-1999, 08:01
This is a question for your freindly local plumber! Maybe some kind of on/off sh ower valve would solve your problem. Regards, ;^D)

Skip Abadie
26-Sep-1999, 12:29
I use a tray setup in my bathtub for print washing. I couldn't find a reliable way to connect the big bathtub faucet to a hose, so I bought a short garden hose (12 foot) and a snap coupling set at the hardware store to attach it to the vanity sink faucet instead. If your sink faucet has a threaded aerator on the end, take it off and bring it with you to the hardware store to match the threaded part of the snap coupler. Mine says 15/16" for 3/4" hose, but there are many different sizes for the faucet part. I screwed the heavy brass and plastic collar hose adaptor very tightly into the 3/4" garden hose fitting with teflon tape (also sold in the plumbing section of the hardware store). That part is permanent. Then whenever I want to do print washing, I unscrew the aerator from the faucet, screw on the female part of the snap coupling set, snap the hose on, and I'm in business.

Skip Abadie
26-Sep-1999, 13:25
Ooops. I see I screwed up the gender references. The part that screws onto the faucet in place of the aerator is the "male" part. It slips into the "female" snap fitting that is permanently attached to the hose.

Bill Moore
26-Sep-1999, 18:03
You could get one of those hand-held shower kits. These come with a diverter which attaches at the shower head. It allows you to divert the flow from the shower head to the hand-held unit. For print washing, you could remove the hand unit and attach the hose to a print wacher. Try one of the large home improvement stores.