PDA

View Full Version : ez focus

Richard Schlesinger
22-Jun-2005, 11:58
Help -

Does anyone know where I can obtain an "ez focus" attachment for the Beseler MCR enlarger? The manufacturer seems to have disappeared and a Google search lists ez focus as something for Meade telescopes - not at all what I understand it is/was. A gearing attachment making the focusing smoother etc. Saunders makes a lovely attachment for their enlarger (I have one if anyone is interested) but I am not up to adapting it (even if it should be possible).

Steve Feldman
22-Jun-2005, 19:02
Richard,

I don't remember if I obtained mine from the manufacturer or a dealer, but it works great. I wouldn't be without it on my 45MXT. Just do the rough focus by eye, then use the E-Z-Focus for fine adjustment through a grain focuser.

Try Bill Carson at Carson Industries, La Conner, Washington, 98257 USA, phone 360-466-3823, fax 360-466-1192, e-mail poppie@fidalgo.net

I don't know if the device is still made or if Mr. Carson is still in business. Worth a try.

Good luck.

Richard Schlesinger
24-Jun-2005, 12:12
Thanks Curmudgeon! But the e-mail and phone numbers no longer function. Exactly what is ez-focus and what does it do? As you can see several people love it - but what is it?

Steve Feldman
24-Jun-2005, 13:51
R,

You'd remove the "fine" focus knob from either the left or right side of the lens stage and screw on the E-Z-Focus attachment. It's a compound reduction gear that engages the focus shaft. All plastic gearing. A simple looking thing, but good luck trying to make one yourself. I'm sure that the gear teeth, number of teeth and the pitch are very important relationships.

Richard Schlesinger
24-Jun-2005, 14:29
Sounds like the one I have for a Saunders. I think/hope I can adapt it to the Beseler as noone seems to have one available.