PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Box Brownie

Nicole
22-Jun-2005, 01:48
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they knew or if they knew where I could check to find out if a Kodak Box Brownie camera is worth anything and if so, how much? Thank you.

Moe_4073
22-Jun-2005, 04:17
Kodak made many, many different models of Brownie Box cameras for many years. They were low cost cameras to begin with and generally not worth a great deal. You're best bet is to visit a few websites dedicated to these cameras (such as www.boxcameras.com) to try and determine the model of camera that you have and perhaps find out how old it is too. From there, you can check eBay listings to see what they are going for. Cheers,

Jay Lnch
22-Jun-2005, 05:46
I have three from around 1910. They cost me between $2-$5 each about two years ago.

Dan Brittain
22-Jun-2005, 10:20
I have a few as well. I like to make little modified film cartridges for them to take MF120 film. All very rigged up of course. On some of them you end up with 2 1/4" x 5" or even 6" or 7". Pretty cool. It's really amazing how good some of the pictures come out. I don't think the glass is even considered a "lens" per say. Have fun.

Brian Vuillemenot
22-Jun-2005, 11:13
I was out photographing a waterfall a few weekends ago with my 4X5 Wisner TF, and one of the curious onlookers asked me,
"What kind of camera is that? Is it a Brownie?"
"No", I responded, with a chuckle, "It's a Hasselblad."

Mark Sampson
22-Jun-2005, 11:40
There's a "Brownie Camera" forum on Photo.net that should be some help.

Alan Babbitt
22-Jun-2005, 18:41
I bought a flash model Brownie about three weeks ago on eBay for 10 bucks. Works, will take 120 film on the supply spool (not on the take-up, tho) and is really cool art-deco design. I got it for display, but I might just shoot a few rolls with it, just for kicks.