PDA

View Full Version : middle europe LFers...

Janko Belaj
21-Jun-2005, 08:22
I have just been told that I will go on sort of business trip around middle Europe late this summer. I still don't know how long and how "wide" will that trip be, but I know that I will be in northern Italy, east Switzerland, west Austria (o.k., "Tirol" to be more precise), north-east Austria and Bavaria (south Germany). I will be shutting baroque wall paintings (decken malerei), probably all with Hasselblad, but my Tachihara will go with me for sure. In this very moment I have no idea if I will have some spare time (I believe I will) and if, I don't know how much. Anyway, I have to make my suggestion to the customer and to the organizer, and if any of you live in that area and would like to meet or maybe even organize a small excursion, let me know so I can make plans on time. That will be kind of stupid to spend few free days in one town while in some other I can meet someone.
(oh yes, if anyone is comming on east Adriatic coast... I'm next month or so on island "Pag". Strating form this Sunday. vacation finaly ;-))

domenico Foschi
21-Jun-2005, 11:47
Hi Janko, I will be in Italy in October which makes me think i will miss you of about a month or so.
If you need informations , don't esitate to ask.
Have fun.

Marko Trebusak
21-Jun-2005, 23:00
Janko, if you'll have time, you can visit a neighbor in Slovenia! I'm rather new in LF, but mountains are here to photograph with or without LF.

Janko Belaj
22-Jun-2005, 13:24
Yes Domenico, October is probably to late for my trip. But who knows? This book, which I'm working on, is a several year project. More than 10 years in past and now we (my mother - historian of art and myself) are starting to see the end. More than 90% of domestic shots (pictures of some churches in Croatia and Slovenia are done: photographed, sketched, redrowed, reconstructed) and now I have to shot some comparison material. So, it is likely that I won't travel just once, but all of that depends on money we might get or might not...
Marko: hello neighbor! Where are you located? I'm visiting several parts of Slovenia relatively regular (those closer to our borderline) so it might be possible for us to meet somewhere. I have few friends photographers in Slovenia - we have met on my site - fotozine.org...

Marko Trebusak
22-Jun-2005, 23:44
Hello, Janko!

I'm living half way between Ljubljana and Kranj. But if you are interested in mountains as well as border area, you are warmly welcome.

Marko

André Thomas
23-Jun-2005, 23:01
Dear Janko,

There is also a German large format forum. The most postings are in German language but a lot of the photographers speek English as well.

André

http://forum.grossformatfotografie.de/