PDA

View Full Version : what kind of screws (size) and where to buy them to mount flange on metal lens board

originalphoto
22-Apr-2017, 13:26
I like to mount PINKHAM BI-QUALITY 14 INCH F4.5 flange to 140mm Sina metal lens board. I like to know what kind of screws (size) I need and where to buy them.

B.S.Kumar
22-Apr-2017, 14:19
Your best bet is to take the flange to your local hardware store and find the right sized screws and nuts. The screws should be long enough for the nuts to hold securely.

Kumar

Jac@stafford.net
22-Apr-2017, 14:58
Your best bet is to take the flange to your local hardware store and find the right sized screws and nuts. The screws should be long enough for the nuts to hold securely.

So true, and bring the lens board so you get the correct length fastener.

I give the same advice often, but recently while in the thick of Chicago, the city Near North, the neighborhood 'hardware store' had no collection of fasteners other than blister packed kits for hanging wall art. What a bummer! Hope the OP can travel to a real hardware store.

originalphoto
22-Apr-2017, 19:55
went to Home Depot, no luck. Thanks, will try other stores.

Keith Pitman
22-Apr-2017, 20:09
Try an Ace. I was in my local Ace today and they have a variety of tiny screws.

When I have mounted flanges to metal lensboards, I've always tapped the holes in the lensboard and avoided using nuts. Makes a neater installation.

originalphoto
24-Apr-2017, 14:15
Thanks Keith. Found right screws in ACE.

Jac@stafford.net
24-Apr-2017, 14:26
I add an experience with Ace hardware. About thirty years ago I visited an Ace that was going out of business. The owner bit off more than he could swallow.

I paid 10 cents on the dollar for his remaining Sharon fasteners. I had to make three trips to the car. They lasted for years.

Jim Galli
25-Apr-2017, 16:19
#4-40X3/8" flatheads