PDA

View Full Version : How funny is this guy!

Axle
19-Jun-2005, 02:04
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15248&item=7523366778&rd=1&tc=photo

I was on the floor. It amazes me how passionate lens sellers on ebay are. Unique breed of seller, I have not seen one ebay lebs description without a passionate and embracing description of their lens, albeit sometimes negative!

Axle
19-Jun-2005, 02:09
HAHA ijust read one of his other entrys, check this out. is a hoot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15248&item=7523401090&rd=1&tc=photo

Scott Rosenberg
19-Jun-2005, 02:33
you must be new around these parts! dagor77 is none other than our very own andrew glover. his ebay listings are legendary... i have him in my 'favorite sellers' list just so i can easily find his listings.

Phong
19-Jun-2005, 05:43
Yep, Dagor77 aka CP Goerz.

John Kasaian
19-Jun-2005, 08:34
Axle,

I've bought a couple of lenses and some misc. gear from dagor77 and its all been top notch stuff.

I can tell you that it is a great comfort knowing that my 30cm dopple anastigmat was retrieved from the wreckage of the Hindenburg, where it was save saved from destruction by being carefully inserted in the brassiere of a buxom youiong emigre russian baroness who was saved by being gently lowered to the ground by that famous 19th century landscape photographer Ansel Arbus who, suffering from double vision and at the last minute leaped for a rope to descend to his own safety but unfortunately grabbed at the non-existant rope instead. It has sincerely helped my art since I reserve this lens for only my best images, knowing that I owe it to the memory of Ansel Arbus to use it wisely and to the very best of my abilities.

Cheers!

Stan. Laurenson-Batten
19-Jun-2005, 09:29
Hi John.
What a scoop, a fantastic history for a lens, it just has to be true sure it must be worth a mint!

Axle
19-Jun-2005, 13:28
hey your right i am new around here.would be an honour to meet this character.

paulr
19-Jun-2005, 19:38
Love the ads.

Are apo tessars really supposed to stink?

A friend uses them on his 8x10 for contact printing (with a packard shutter) and i always thought the results were incredible. I assumed enlargements would be terrible, but that's a different story.

Terence McDonagh
19-Jun-2005, 20:57
Dagor77 has a running "vendetta" against Schneieders as a foil to the beloved Dagors. I've found the center of tessars to be very sharp, but the edges are not so hot.

Jim_3565
20-Jun-2005, 07:55
I bought the sharpest lens I own from Andrew.

Donald Brewster
20-Jun-2005, 16:24
You should see one his really funny ones. And we all wait for the next Artara sighting. Dagor77's "vendetta" is more against the old Zeiss' manufacturing and quality control on their LF product.

Clay Turtle
12-May-2008, 07:45
you must be new around these parts! dagor77 is none other than our very own andrew glover. his ebay listings are legendary... i have him in my 'favorite sellers' list just so i can easily find his listings. Ah, yes my 300/500mm scheinder converter lens came to me via "dagor77 is none other than our very own andrew glover. his ebay listings are legendary... ".