PDA

View Full Version : expert drums

chris jordan
18-Jun-2005, 15:01
Can Jobo Expert drums be used without a jobo processor? I found an unidentifiable brand of "film agitator" that can rotate cylindrical tanks. If this would work, can the jobo tanks be filled and emptied by hand? What is the pump for? Thanks for your help.

Donald Hutton
18-Jun-2005, 15:07
Chris

Many people use them without a processor - they can be rolled on a roller or on a flat topped surface. The tanks can certainly be filled and emptied by hand. The pump is used for "popping" the lids off with air pressure - you can pry them off without, but the pump makes it a lot simpler. I'm sure a search here would reveal all sorts of tricks that people use for manual processing with them (I use a CPP-2 unit which I highly recommend).

chris jordan
18-Jun-2005, 15:28
Thanks for the reply, Don. I believe I have a Uniroller (all identifying markings long gone!). Anyone know if the 3006 is wide enough, end to end, to span the gap between the two rubber rollers? Thanks!

Ron Marshall
18-Jun-2005, 17:17
Hi CJ,

I just bought the Jobo 3010 and I am rolling by hand on the Jobo roller base ($20).

I roll at 50 rpm, and reverse direction every 2 turns. Development is completely even. I fill it with 500ml in 10 seconds and drain it in ten seconds. I hold the tank at an angle to fill and it fills as fast as I can pour into the funnel I use.

I was intending to buy a used motor base for fixing and washing, but it is so easy to hand roll that now I won't bother.

I am very happy with the Jobo. Consistent results, easy to use.

Good luck

Scott Schroeder
18-Jun-2005, 19:50
Sure, it's not a problem at all.
I use the 3010 on a motor base and just flip it every 30 secs
They come up all the time on ebay for pretty cheap. Got mine for $10
http://tinyurl.com/e2sny

Eric Woodbury
18-Jun-2005, 21:51
I pop the lids with a rubber stopper on the end of a water hose. Put the stopper in the hole and turn on the water. Off it comes.

wfwhitaker
18-Jun-2005, 23:35
I second the Jobo manual roller base. Cheap and simple.