PDA

View Full Version : Jones Root Beer labels...???

John Kasaian
15-Jun-2005, 16:01
Well, I've got the urge to try a bit of self promotion. I figure if I have something published or exhibited somewhere, it would look good on a resume if I ever wanted to approach a gallery.

I was thinking of submitting a photo to Jones Soda company. People send Jones Soda photos and if they like the photo, they'll use it on thier labels. I was thinking that this would be a pretty unique monochrome venue(the labels are B&W!) I was wondering if anyone here has gone down that path before me?

Would Edward or Ansel have approved?

Don Cameron
15-Jun-2005, 18:16
Ansel put his images on coffee cans, and they are worth a prety penny nowdays.

www.doncameron.com

darter
15-Jun-2005, 18:18
Excellent idea John, but how do you make large format really stand out when the image size is so small? Kind of an interesting challenge.

jnantz
15-Jun-2005, 20:47
go for it john!

tell us what flavor it is on so we can stock up :)

-john

Joe Smigiel
15-Jun-2005, 22:04
I considered doing this a couple years ago until I read the fine print. From their website:

"If at our request you send certain specific submissions (e.g., postings to chat rooms, bulletin or message boards, story lines for interactive stories, postings to our Gallery or games/drawings/contests) or, if you send us any unsolicited creative ideas, suggestions, photographs, notes, drawings, concepts or any other information or materials (collectively, the "Submissions"), the Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Jones. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Jones, and Jones shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, Jones shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights in and to the Submissions of every kind and nature throughout the universe and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions."

I don't think so......

John Kasaian
16-Jun-2005, 08:18
Egads!

"...throughout the universe..."??

Jones Soda is a signee to some Intergalactic Copywrite treaty?

Now I'll not only have to find a new venue, but also a new root beer to demonstrate my disapproval of Jones Soda legal departments apparent domination of the solar system!

Thanks, Joe.

Mark_3632
16-Jun-2005, 09:30
John,

ZuberFizz kicks ass. Brewed in Durango CO. No photo on the label though.