PDA

View Full Version : Might this shutter release be useful?

Jac@stafford.net
21-Mar-2017, 15:34
Found in my box of mysteries.
It is activated by a pneumatic bulb.
It screws over the outside of a lens shutter release.

Mark Sampson
21-Mar-2017, 18:43
Looks like a DeGroff brand part. Perhaps for a Barnack Leica or Nikon F? It's a while since I looked at/ worked with either camera though.

mdarnton
21-Mar-2017, 18:48
I wonder if that's the one for some Wollensak shutters. I have wondered about the ones with an outside-threaded tube, what was made for them. As far as I know, those are also threaded inside for a standard release, so this wouldn't be absolutely necessary. Here's an example, at 8 o'clock on this shutter: http://piercevaubel.com/cam/imagesacc/sh707betax3ongundpan5x12.jpg

I guess that's a pneumatic release? When I hang a normal pneumatic on a normal shutter it's always a wonder whether the tiny tube on the release is big enough not to snap. That one looks like it could take the load.

HMG
22-Mar-2017, 17:06
Looks like a DeGroff brand part. Perhaps for a Barnack Leica or Nikon F? It's a while since I looked at/ worked with either camera though.

I don't think that female threaded portion is large enough (diameter) for Nikon or Leica.

Bob Salomon
22-Mar-2017, 17:08

Nope!

John Koehrer
23-Mar-2017, 14:42
It should be about 5mm for any of them.

Jac@stafford.net
23-Mar-2017, 14:50
I believe MDarton has nailed it. If I can find a matching shutter in the big bucket of stuff I will post a picture.

Randy
23-Mar-2017, 15:05
My old Betax #4 shutter has both the inner threads and outer threads on the cable release socket. That looks like it would work well with it - SOLD :)