PDA

View Full Version : Camera store in Atlanta

Ed Richards
12-Jun-2005, 17:14
I am going to be in Atlanta the next 3 days with a little time on my hands. Any good camera stores to browse in, esp. downtown? Does KEH have a showroom, or are they strickly mail order?

Bob Salomon
12-Jun-2005, 17:16
PPRS, Showcase both downtown. Photo Barn in Lilburn.

Paul_5410
12-Jun-2005, 18:25
Wolf's Camera use to be in the Atlanta area but can't say today? Paul

Brian Ellis
12-Jun-2005, 18:33
Unless things have changed recently KEH doesn't have a showroom, they're strictly mail order.

Herb Cunningham
12-Jun-2005, 18:41
quality camera-they are good lf source.

Ted Harris
12-Jun-2005, 19:05
Quality Camera, mentioned above, rhogh not mentioned here as frequently as Midwest and Badger, is right up there with them. They have a good showroom with lots of LF goodies to look at. Not right downtown but definitely worth the drive.

Alec Jones
12-Jun-2005, 19:36
I would call Quality Camera first. I live nearby and once just showed up on their doorstep looking for something. They were NOT pleased with drop-in traffic. The place looks like a fortress. It isn't in a very good neighborhood.

They're still in the same place, judging from the address, but maybe they now welcome visitors. They barely let me and my wife in the front door, and we sure didn't get any tour. After asking about a couple of items [which they didn't have] we left. They do seem to offer good stuff [on eBay].

Just my 2¢.

sanking
12-Jun-2005, 20:22
Try to drop by Quality Camea Company on Trabert Avenue.

Nice folks and a wide range of large format equipment.