PDA

View Full Version : Free darkroom equipment

Tao Wu
12-Jun-2005, 13:14
This is not a question but it is not commercial either.

I have a complete set of Omega D5 mounted on the base board with color head and power supply. After I moved to Manhattan and started working on the Wall street. I never used it and could not see the possibility of doing darkroom stuff anytime soon. Rather than letting it collect dust in my tiny apartment, I would like to give it to someone who would use it. It is free, but you have to pick it up from my place. People on this forum probably already know that it is heavy and big.

If your are interested, please email me. I live in downtown Manhattan.

bob carnie
12-Jun-2005, 14:16
Tao
This is very generous and a nice offer , I am in Toronto and could not refer someone to you but this is a nice offer , good on you.

paulr
12-Jun-2005, 14:34
Tao, there is a program in NYC that collects donated art equipment for public schools. If you're interested I can get the details.

David R Munson
12-Jun-2005, 16:25
I wan't it but I have no darkroom to put it in. Argh! This may be grounds to buy a house. :-p

Donald Qualls
12-Jun-2005, 17:19
Damn, it's almost worth driving to New York (from North Carolina) for that one, but I'd probably get a ticket that would cost more than my van is worth trying to get it out of your apartment in Manhattan...

David A. Goldfarb
12-Jun-2005, 18:52
I'm in the City, but I'm happy with my enlarger. I passed the info onto a friend who may be interested.

Steven Barall
12-Jun-2005, 21:40
Hello, Try to give it all away through The School of Visual Arts. You can reach them at sva.edu

Call the head of the photo department and tell them about it and ask if they have a particularly deserving student that might be interested. Just an idea.

cristy smiley
21-Jun-2005, 00:01
I am very interested in what you have to offer, I just bought a new house and I would like to fill it with darkroom equipment .

Daniel Morgan
21-Jun-2005, 01:52
I have a friend who is going to Lyme Academy of the Arts and wants to set up a darkroom in his apartment he is renting, he really needs a 4x5 enlarger seeing that he will access to the cameras but not a darkroom. We live in Stratford CT so could easily come and pick it up. If you aren't already giving it to someone we could pick it up any time.

Thanks for the generous offer!