PDA

View Full Version : Which Linhof Technika model is this?

v.kapoor
6-Mar-2017, 05:34
Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a Linhof. Can anyone ID this specific model? I think it's the Master Technika Classic, but not positive.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Bob Salomon
6-Mar-2017, 06:07
It is a Master Technika Classic and the lens is mounted on the 001015 board and a cam and a Fresnel are installed. As is a focusing scale and a pair of infinity stops.

v.kapoor
6-Mar-2017, 14:39
Thank you Bob! How do I determine which cam corresponds to which lens? I'm confused about that.

Thanks!

Bob Salomon
6-Mar-2017, 16:03
Thank you Bob! How do I determine which cam corresponds to which lens? I'm confused about that.

Thanks!
The serial number of thelens that the cam was cut for is stamped on the top of the cam. So is the focal length of the lens.

PSGeorge
6-Mar-2017, 23:51
The Master Technika Classic is a freaking beauty spel (http://spelsidorna.nu/). I cant really afford it for now but its one of my favs. You going to buy it?

v.kapoor
7-Mar-2017, 00:28
I'm thinking about it! It's affordable and this one looks clean, don't you think?

Robclarke
7-Mar-2017, 01:25
It looks very clean. I think it is a relatively recent model. My master technika (from 94 I think) is older and has black focussing knobs. They seem to have later changed to these silver ones. Not that it makes any difference other than indicating it is a more recent one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cor
7-Mar-2017, 02:05
Check the black lever for front raise (front standard bottom right), the raise is obtained by "cranking" the black lever, older versions have nylon/Teflon teeth for the raise, and these teeth are often damaged. Probably the nice example on your pictures does not have these "plastic" teeth:, just check..

good luck,

Cor

v.kapoor
7-Mar-2017, 02:47
Thanks for all the advice!

Novice question: do I need a dark cloth necessarily or is that a viewer attached to the inside of the door in the 4th picture?

Cor
7-Mar-2017, 04:27

Novice question: do I need a dark cloth necessarily or is that a viewer attached to the inside of the door in the 4th picture?

There is no viewer, its a kind of folding out hood: see for example (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ee/56/f8/ee56f887ea4998fa3e956486925141ec.jpg), this hood will shield the ground glass somewhat from the light, but a loupe and a dark cloth (can be quite simple !) is needed for critical focussing and composing IMHO

Best,

Cor

v.kapoor
7-Mar-2017, 05:01
Thanks for the clarification, Cor!

Bob Salomon
7-Mar-2017, 08:10

If you get the Linhof Reflex Viewer it will mount to the back of the camera in place of the Folding Focusing Hood already on the camera or get the Linhof Viewing/Metering bellows and either one would replace both a dark cloth and a loupe. The Reflex Viewer has a 2x loupe built in and the Viewing Bellows has a convertible 2/4x loupe built in. Older versions only have a 2x loupe, so look for a more recent one.