PDA

View Full Version : rear lens cap size for Schneider 58mm XL?

KWSmith
6-Jun-2005, 19:09
I bought the lens off ebay and the knucklehead seller didn't send it, even though it was in the description. He'll replace it but doesn't know what size it needs, and neither do I. I've searched high and low and can't find a reference, so if anyone of you kind folks has this lens and can tell me which cap I need, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Why don't I just measure it? Because I don't have a metric ruler and neither did the local Staples!

Donald Hutton
6-Jun-2005, 19:31
It's a 60mm cap - see Schneider's website - http://www.schneideroptics.com/photography/accessories/lens_caps/super-angulon_xl.htm

Brian Ellis
7-Jun-2005, 06:04
You can buy an original cap from Schneider for either $10 or $15 depending on size just by calling them. I've done that with several Schneider lenses, just tell them what lens you have and they'll select the cap for it. I wouldn't buy a generic cap by mail solely on the size that Schneider says. When I've bought caps from B&H (Kaiser?) they didn't fit even though I knew the size needed. I think they must measure from the outside or perhaps they just aren't all that accurate in manufacturing them but whatever the reason I'd order the cap from Schneider, that way you'll know there won't be a fit problem.

KWSmith
12-Jun-2005, 03:14
Thanks! Surprised I missed that on the Schneider site, and FWIW you're correct, the 60mm Kaiser fits a bit loose but will work until I get the right one.