PDA

View Full Version : front and rear lens cap size for Rodenstock 150mm f/5.6 Sironar N

theschanz
6-Feb-2017, 07:56
I recently purchased a Rodenstock 150mm Sironar-N without lens caps. The front lens does take a 49mm filter so I assume if I find a cap that is a couple of mm wider it will fit the front. However I do not know the size of the rear lens and I have been having trouble finding this information. Does anyone know where I might either find lens caps or can tell me the size I need for front and back. Thanks in advance
Steve

Oren Grad
6-Feb-2017, 08:49
The specification for the 150mm Apo-Sironar-N is 51mm for the front cap and 42mm for the rear. I don't think the dimensions of either front or rear cell were changed when the "Apo-" was added to the 150 N, but I hope Bob Salomon or someone else can correct me if that's wrong.

In any case, B&H offers push-on lens caps in many different sizes. Measure carefully and you should be fine.

theschanz
6-Feb-2017, 09:23
Thanks Oren, I really appreciate your response. I'll measure and check the B&H site as well.
Steve

Leigh
6-Feb-2017, 09:57
I don't think the dimensions of either front or rear cell were changed when the "Apo-" was added to the 150 N...
Hi Oren,

You're correct. The front and rear dimensions of the APO- are the same as for the original.

- Leigh