PDA

View Full Version : Source for Acros not in quickloads

Paul Butzi
1-Jun-2005, 14:31
Anyone have a source for 4x5 Acros in loose sheets (that is, not in Quickloads)?

Donald Hutton
1-Jun-2005, 15:05
Midwest Photo had some in stock last time I checked - 614 261 1264

Philippe Bedfert
1-Jun-2005, 15:22
Bonsoir Paul,

Here is the link for the Acros

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/

I use to buy my B&W film to Dirk. A very nice guy. It is not so expensive with quick shipment. I strongly recommend him.

Scott Rosenberg
1-Jun-2005, 16:45
hi paul...

switching from tmax, or just doing some more tests?

scott

Dan Jolicoeur
1-Jun-2005, 16:55
I bought a box fromMPEX last week, which was apparently the last box he had in his hands at the time. Getting nice results so far with XTOL 1:1, 70f rated at 64, 6:15 rotary processor.
here is another source; dirksan@unicircuits.com
good luck,

Paul Butzi
1-Jun-2005, 17:19
Scott-

No, I'm not switching, at least not yet.

I'm just doing the long avoided, hugely boring film/developer combo test of death with an eye to scanning.

Films in the test (now partly complete) TMX, TMY, Acros.

Developers in the test are D-76 straight, D-76 1+1, XTOL straight, XTOL 1+3, Microdol-X straight, Microdol-X 1+3.

First I have to get it all calibrated. That's hideously boring.

Then, once I have it calibrated, there are two questions: 1) what's the optimum contrast for scanning, and 2) at that contrast, which film/dev combo do I like best.

Testing. It's what you do when you're not inspired to do something actually creative. So far it's kept the snarling wolves of depression at a distance but not a lot else.

Anyway, it would be nice to test Acros at less than $2.50 a sheet. At those prices, it really pisses me off when I screw up.

Dan Jolicoeur
1-Jun-2005, 17:57
You know what realy pisses you off? When you drop a new Toyo film holder loaded with the last two sheets af Acros that you have with you down a 30 foot gorge into class 5 white water! No way to load film until you get back the sporting camps, and the 6x9 back is loaded with near infrared. It pissed me off anyhow :-)

Jeffrey Sipress
1-Jun-2005, 19:28
Does the sheet boxed Acros have that annoying little hole in the film area like all the acros QL's have? I hate that hole...

Scott Rosenberg
2-Jun-2005, 00:29
hey paul...

any way you might consider adding FP4+ to the mix? i am in an ongoing comparison of Across and FP4+ developed in Ilford DD developer. so far, the FP4+ has won the day, but i won't be able to analyze my latest round of tests until tomorrow. i'd be interested to see how your results of the two compared to mine!

please keep us, or at least me via email off the forum, appraised of your findings.

scott