PDA

View Full Version : Information about this Kodak 8x10 studio camera

Seth243
20-Jan-2017, 08:37
Good morning! I was referred to this site as a resource to gather additional information regarding a Kodak camera that someone has offered to me in exchange for some camera gear.

I honestly don't know a thing about these types of cameras. What should I look for? What is the value? Etc. I currently only have the attached photos and nothing else. Any insight would be appreciated.

Oren Grad
20-Jan-2017, 09:37
Per Forum guidelines, valuation requests are not allowed. However, this is a great place to learn about view cameras. Please tell us more about why you are interested in this camera and what you might like to do with it, so that people can respond in a way that's helpful.

Steven Tribe
20-Jan-2017, 11:07
Apart from What Oren said, these photos are not sufficient to judge the condition of the camera, but:

- there is no sign of the necessary plate holders.

- this type of stand is generally considered less useful than the more usual bi-post type.

- these are commonly called Century Studio Cameras, even though they taken over by Eastman Kodak quite quickly.

- The value of the set is completely dependent on the attached lens!

carylee2002
25-Jan-2017, 13:55
Good morning! I was referred to this site as a resource to gather additional information regarding a Kodak camera that someone has offered to me in exchange for some camera gear.

I honestly don't know a thing about these types of cameras. What should I look for? What is the value? Etc. I currently only have the attached photos and nothing else. Any insight would be appreciated.

https://youtu.be/5ihlx2XYh50