PDA

View Full Version : Howtek D4000 F719 Lamp Help Needed

DurkDiggler
4-Jan-2017, 16:22
My Howtek D4000 has unfortunately started getting a F719 error and I am more or less unsure of what I can do here to try and resolve this issue.

My issue is remarkable similar to a similar problem which was posted on this board a while ago
- http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?129367-Howtek-utilities-question

More or less in focus mode if I switch between transparent and reflective mode the lamp closest to me fires up and everything is aligned and correctly hitting the ends of the fibre optics. I personally have never seen the bulb further away ever light up so haven't thought to much about it however when I tell the software to actually preview the drum everything starts and the scanner begins all the checks however the bulb just doesn't fire up.

I know it obviously works as I can see this when I go into the focus mode and force it to light up but just don't understand why it won't light up during the operation from the actual software. I am tempted to buy a new SCSI connection however don't see how if the computer is happily seeing the scanner and all that this would be the issue.

I could just use some guidance. It is annoying as the last forum I linked above it sounds like the user had a bit of knowledge and after just cleaning and checking various bits and bobs his scanner just sprung back into life and started working again.

There is a man I know in London who has another D4000 but before it was owned by Howtek so am tempted to take the scanner to his to check with his mac-os machine instead of the pc I have to confirm whether it is a software issue/cable issue however it is a bit of a ball-ache to lug the thing round and am not totally desperate to waste his time if possible.

I am using Aztek Digital Photolab 7.85 and have tried removing and reinstalling but save for scanner I do not use windows at all so am a touch out of my element and feel that I am missing how to correctly/fully remove all trances so there is a clean install.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas would be wonderful to hear. Not sure if there is some diagnostic software that I can use to give more information for everyone but would love to know.

Thanks.

aluncrockford
20-Feb-2017, 10:54
My Howtek D4000 has unfortunately started getting a F719 error and I am more or less unsure of what I can do here to try and resolve this issue.

My issue is remarkable similar to a similar problem which was posted on this board a while ago
- http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?129367-Howtek-utilities-question

More or less in focus mode if I switch between transparent and reflective mode the lamp closest to me fires up and everything is aligned and correctly hitting the ends of the fibre optics. I personally have never seen the bulb further away ever light up so haven't thought to much about it however when I tell the software to actually preview the drum everything starts and the scanner begins all the checks however the bulb just doesn't fire up.

I know it obviously works as I can see this when I go into the focus mode and force it to light up but just don't understand why it won't light up during the operation from the actual software. I am tempted to buy a new SCSI connection however don't see how if the computer is happily seeing the scanner and all that this would be the issue.

I could just use some guidance. It is annoying as the last forum I linked above it sounds like the user had a bit of knowledge and after just cleaning and checking various bits and bobs his scanner just sprung back into life and started working again.

There is a man I know in London who has another D4000 but before it was owned by Howtek so am tempted to take the scanner to his to check with his mac-os machine instead of the pc I have to confirm whether it is a software issue/cable issue however it is a bit of a ball-ache to lug the thing round and am not totally desperate to waste his time if possible.

I am using Aztek Digital Photolab 7.85 and have tried removing and reinstalling but save for scanner I do not use windows at all so am a touch out of my element and feel that I am missing how to correctly/fully remove all trances so there is a clean install.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas would be wonderful to hear. Not sure if there is some diagnostic software that I can use to give more information for everyone but would love to know.

Thanks.

If you are based in the UK the best solution is to give Pete Slynn a ring, he is a Howtek,Crossfield engineer with a very large bag of parts and various other things to make them work, his number is
+44(0)1767 221092