PDA

View Full Version : Need info on BBT Krauss France Apophot 600mm/f10 lens

Gregory Allen
21-Dec-2016, 19:35
Any information of the BBT Krauss France Apophot 600mm/f10 lens would be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased the lens at what I thought to be a bargain basement price. However am unsuccessful in finding any information regrarding the lens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dan Fromm
21-Dec-2016, 20:14
The company? Barbier, Benard, et Turenne (BBT) was a French company founded in 1862, specializing in the manufacture of spotlights, Fresnel lenses for lighthouses, and lighting systems. E.Krauss was a French camera and lens maker, founded in the late 1880s. The company had a license to produce some lens types of Carl Zeiss. Founder Eugen Krauss was the brother of Gustav Adolf Krauss, who founded a company trading and manufacturing photographic goods and was a Stuttgart's first photography retailer in 1895. From 1924 to 1934 the company produced own cameras. In 1935 Societe des Establissements Krauss (SEK) and Barbier, Bernard et Turenne merged and became BBT Krauss.

The Apophot is a process lens. I can't for the life of me recall whether it is a tessar type, a dialyte type or a somewhat more complex dialyte with two of the meniscii replaced by cemented doublets. Go count reflections. Four strong, no weak from one cell and two strong, one weak from the other means tessar type. Four strong, no weak from each cell means dialyte type. Four strong, one weak from each cell means the more complex dialyte.

Gregory Allen
24-Dec-2016, 03:18
The company? Barbier, Benard, et Turenne (BBT) was a French company founded in 1862, specializing in the manufacture of spotlights, Fresnel lenses for lighthouses, and lighting systems. E.Krauss was a French camera and lens maker, founded in the late 1880s. The company had a license to produce some lens types of Carl Zeiss. Founder Eugen Krauss was the brother of Gustav Adolf Krauss, who founded a company trading and manufacturing photographic goods and was a Stuttgart's first photography retailer in 1895. From 1924 to 1934 the company produced own cameras. In 1935 Societe des Establissements Krauss (SEK) and Barbier, Bernard et Turenne merged and became BBT Krauss.

The Apophot is a process lens. I can't for the life of me recall whether it is a tessar type, a dialyte type or a somewhat more complex dialyte with two of the meniscii replaced by cemented doublets. Go count reflections. Four strong, no weak from one cell and two strong, one weak from the other means tessar type. Four strong, no weak from each cell means dialyte type. Four strong, one weak from each cell means the more complex dialyte.
The information you provided will be applied in determining the lens type. Thank you for help.

Any information of the BBT Krauss France Apophot 600mm/f10 lens would be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased the lens at what I thought to be a bargain basement price. However am unsuccessful in finding any information regrarding the lens.