View Full Version : can someone identify this part ?

20-Dec-2016, 10:58

i got this with a camera years ago and have never been able to figure out what it goes to.
it doesn't go with anything that i own ... or have previously owned.
ifocusing rail extension ?

it is about 21 1/2 inches long a few inches wide, has brass screw plates and
a groove for in the middle. there is a notch cut out on one side. no idea if that is a modification or it came that way.

any ideas will be helpful !

thanks !

20-Dec-2016, 11:17
wooden tripod leg?
Someone will probably know for sure, but that is my guess.
(picture on request)

21-Dec-2016, 11:33
hi nicholas

i think it is the focusing rail to a camera, but i don't own
or know what sort of camera .. it would have to be a really
short tripod ( 21" ) :)


21-Dec-2016, 12:38
the fact that the metal tabs stick out the sides doesnt sound like a tripod I know, but this is the kind of tripod I was thinking of.
a blog: http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/465097-classic-japanese-tripod-rebuild-and-then-some/
ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ANTIQUE-WOOD-BRASS-TRIPOD-FOLMER-GRAFLEX-for-field-camera-4x5-5x7-lens-/272056781872?hash=item3f57d90c30:g:ttUAAOSwys5WVjBz
I am guessing you might have one of the sections of one leg.